Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
C-WOODS-SHOOT
Fork Horn

Default My new 3-D rig

Darton Pro 4000
37'' axle to axle
7 3/4'' brace height
308 IBO

I've been waiting for the dealer to get one of these in. He called me when he did, I shot it and took it home. Its smooth, quiet, and forgiving.

I'm shooting a CXL2 - 250 at 319 grains with 28'' of draw length at 58 lbs and getting 267 fps. Its not a speed demon but I only shoot in the hunter class so no big deal. I did shoot a 280 grain arrow through the chrony and got 283 fps. I like the fat shafts though so I'm sticking with the CXL's.
The last couple of years I've been shooting hunting setups at the 3-D's at about 230 fps so this will be alot faster with closer pin gaps.
Anyway its a great shooting bow and feels more "old school" compared to the new parrallel limb bows.

On another note, while at the shop I shot a Ross Cardiac. Now I haven't used a wrist sling for several years and haven't had a problem even though I don't grip the bow. When I shot the Cardiac it jumped enough that I had to grab for it to keep from dropping it. It also made just a little more noise than the Darton even though it had the cable rod silencer and sts device (both had string silencers). I'm not trying to bash the bow,I had no intention of buying it, it just surprised me. The guy that owns the shop shoots it and really likes it.