HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ESPN's Around the Horn
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
gunsnbowses
Spike

Default ESPN's Around the Horn

Just watched the final segment of ESPN's Around the Horn and I must admit I was shocked. For those not familiar with the show, it pits 4 newspaper columnist from different areas of the country debating hot sports topics of the day on a talkshow. Usually it's the same 3 or even 4 columnist every day. Each columnistreceives points for good responses to a chosen topic. It's all in fun as the winner gets 30 seconds to discuss anything he wants at the end.

Well, today's "winner" was J.A. Adande of the L.A. Times. He began his commentary by statingmany people are upset about the allegations of dog fighting that occurred at the property of football star quarterback Michael Vick. What Adande claims to confuse him is the hundreds of pro athletes and coaches throughout sports that go deer hunting and that is supposedly O.K. He wantsto know why one is O.K. while the other is not. He wants an understanding clear across the board about those poor animals!

That commentary amazed me. I know the guy resides in L.A., but to compare dog fighting to deer hunting? How incredibly stupid can you be comparing apples to oranges? I know it's silly, but thinking like this burns me!I've debated the hunting topic with members of PETA and other organizations thru newsprint and/or face to face, but Adande's comments are among the most absurd I've seen. I had to email him with a reply after I collected my thoughts. I felt better. Feel even better know that I've vented here. Thanks!!!