HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:19 AM
t roy

Default RE: All ILLINOIS resident deer hunters!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: t roy

I received my firearms application weeks ago and mailed it back shortly thereafter. I didnt like the idea of paying them the extra $1.75 or whatever it is for convenience this year.

Our good friend Rod has been redirecting (stealing) money from the DNR for a long time, this is not suprising. I still cant believe he was elected to a second term. very, very depressing.
I GLADLY pay the extra $1.78 to apply online!

How and when will you discover that your mailed in application never got there?

"Lost in the mail"

My best guess is if it was lost in the mail you'll start having a clue about mid-October - long after you would have even the slimmest chance of doing anything about it (i.e. apply for a daily random drawing tag).

In addition, when you apply online you know what tags you've gotten very soonafter they are issued as the results of the 1st and 2nd lotteries are posted online. I don't believe that isavailable for the mail in applications. So then you can start applying for the daily drawings if you want additional tags.

But that's just my 2 cents worth. (Actually 178 cents worth - LOL)

Well its pretty simple, my check cleared my bank on 04/23/07.All applications are listed on the website, not just internet apps. So there is no added benefit.

Maybe I'm justa little grumpy this morning but I dont care for the tone of your response, mr high & mighty, lol.