HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plots VS. Feeders?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 07:49 PM
TexasBowHuntr

Default Food Plots VS. Feeders?

I posted this in the bow hunting forum but I thought I would post here as well!

For all you guys who live in the south, you'veseen people use feeders for 2 reasons. The first being a food source and the second being for protein to build antler growth. Being that I was raised on hunting both techniques I am fairly neutral on this subject. For me a feeder is nothing more than a really tiny food plot. I know from experience that growing plots in 60 straight days of 100 degree weather is almost impossible with no rain (or source of water). So my question is, why are people so hatred toward feeders? People hunt on food plots with guns.... Its almost just the amount of challenge to make that shot across a field than it is to make a 200 yard shot to a feeder? Personally I like to hunt on trails that lead to feeders....does that make me a bad hunter? I just think that northern hunters watch these shows and see that we "Zoo" hunt down here with high fences, when in reality its not like that at all.Last year I shot one doe, thats it. Did I have chances to kill a buck, sure, but they were 1.5 to 2.5 years of age and that to me just isn't mature enough. Yes down here weDO use feeders but that doesn't make us bad hunters. Ijust always wanted to get peoples thoughts on this subject.
Thanks guys I appreciate your responses theres no right or wrong answer!
-Hunt hard, hunt smart, HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!