HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lyman, quality & customer service, a Joke
Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lyman, quality & customer service, a Joke

After numerous fruitless phone calls, I sent the following e-mail earlier this weekto LYMAN's Vice President for Sales and Vice President for Operations. No response yet.

"I am a semi-happy purchaser of a LYMAN Mustang Breakaway rifle. I'm pleased with the gun, as you can tell from my on-line review at
http://www.hunting-fishing-gear.com/review-display/2868.html, but can't seem to get a straight answer regarding purchasing a breechplug for it.

I know LYMAN does not make separate breech plugs and barrels available for the Great Plains series, but surely that can't be the case for an in-line model. Every other in-line maker has extra breech plug available. The only answers I get from your customer service source is "breech plugs are not yet available" and "we are unable to provide a date when they will be available".

Really, this is not acceptable for a company of your stature.

I am a member of several muzzle loader on-line forums and correspond with other new Mustang owners. This is an issue of concern to all.

Please, help us here."

Bye the way - I called Dixon's about a breech plug. They deal with "traditional" guns only, and haven't even heard of a LYMAN in-line.