HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MZE and Parallel bow ??
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: MZE and Parallel bow ??

My proshop, Len at MacRotech is the king of putting on Muzzy Zero rest. I mean he's literally done hundreds of them. I was there once when the Muzzy people were there for a day long visit with customers etc. He was going to show Len how they put them on. Then he saw Len and his crew install a couple and said, "Oh, you don't need my help. You guys are good". Just filler to show he knows his Muzzys. Then along came the parallel limbs. He couldn't get the clearance, just like you've found. He showed Muzzy, they said they fixed it with a new model. Len tried them and said, "NOPE, you haven't fixed it". He's tried everything and finds it just too finicky to give any confidence. As much as he loved the Muzzy on his own personnal bow, The Darton Maverick, he now hates the Muzzy that much on a parallel limb bow. I saw a guy in his shop a week or so ago that insisted Muzzy said it would work. He wanted it. Len put it on for him. They both tinkered and tinkered and the guy finally admitted, you're right, Muzzy is wrong. Take it off and put on a Limb Driver. Len can tell you all the technical reasons why they don't work. He was a Muzzy-holic and still is... except on parallel limb bows. He's told them what he thinks would make it work but I guess they're a little reluctant to have to retool and come out with a new model. From Len's playing, I'd say you aren't ever going to get it right. I don't know your particular bow and am not a techie so I always differ to the expert on such things. That was my one concern when buying the Guardian, I wouldn't beable to have a Muzzy anymore. It was like an old friend. I still love the rest and have it on my Darton Maverick with recurve limbs. When Len puts it on his little machine and draws it and then releases it one little bit at a time you can see what's happening during the power stroke. It simply doesn't get out of the way fasted enough on a parallel limb bow.