HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Found them....Now what? ADVICE PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
MossyOak722

Default Found them....Now what? ADVICE PLEASE

First off I want to say sorry this post is so long..Being new to turkey hunting I feel I have to explain myself to get everyone to understand what I am talking about and make sure I am not getting anything mixed up. With thatd said....So I was driving around some of the Wabash River bottoms here in Indiana and ran across a lot of birds...Well after knocking on many doors I finally found a friendly farmer who said I could hunt his bottom and no one else currently was. The day I got permission there were around 12 birds out in a grassy patch at the edge of a cut corn field. I drove past last night and there were probably about 20 birds within 100 yards of where they were the first night...now my ? for you guys...I'd like to be able to scout and figure out where they are roosting and where they are flying down at so I know where to set up when season comes in...But I don't want to spook them or even let them know I am in the area or have pressure on them......So what do I do? I've thought about parking my truck a half mile down the road and walking in and setting up about 700 yards away and just watch early in the morn and late in the evening...Any suggestions?