Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting > 2018 Turkey Contest
Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects >

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Old 05-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have no idea why they are not showing now. They was and if someone can’t fix these issues I won’t hang around long. I enjoy posting a few pics once and a while..
Old 05-14-2018, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Phil, I don't see any pictures. If you want, you can send pics from your phone to my email and I will take pics with a camera and then attach them with my sd card to the score post. You too VtBoneCollector. My email is [email protected]
Old 05-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I probably will on Wednesday evening because of no WIFI connection here and I will be back out there looking for another bird. I also posted in Technical in case it is just me not doing something.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the bird Phil. Now my turn. Got a call last night, from a young guy asking if I could take him out today. Started out with birds gobbling on the roost. Luck would have they flew down in the opposite direction. I managed to call in another bird, unfortunately he got behind a bunch of brush and my buddy couldn't get a shot. We decided to make a move, driving into the new spot, we seen two toms and two hens. Managed to seek into position. A couple of soft yelps and then a few clucks. The toms step out, the lead bird going on alert. I thumped him at 55 paces. He was only just over 16 lb but had a 10.5 in beard and good spurs, scored 57.75. I think he has been chasing the ladies.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects-img_20180514_102031.jpg  

Last edited by colbea; 05-14-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess that I should say something about the hunt.. As most of you know that I am working a lot of hours right now. They are twelve hour swings from 5 to 5 nights and then days. I do have tomorrow of as I will be back on days Wednesday. So by the time I get home and get changed and the like it’s 6:00 am as I was heading out.
I found a spot to sit in by some pines watching over a field. This has some big rocks in it that the turkeys can travel around. I tried calling and nothing. I tried some more and nothing. So I was thinking another day with nothing. Around a half hour later I see him moving in my direction. I just sat there and watched him slowly working his way in my direction. Still no gobbling or anything. He got up behind the rocks and I lost sight of him. I watched for him to cross the opening but never saw him. Then a crow sounded off and he gobbled off a little to my left. I saw him move behind another rock and I got ready for him as he was in range. The moment he came out I dropped the night cap on him. The whole hunt this time lasted around 45 minutes and without any decoys..

I just read on team 1’s post that they are getting quite nervous right now knowing that we can win this thing. So anyone of us that hasn’t connected keep at them. We are going to win this with another upgrade or 2! I still have into June 2nd to get another bird in and I know where there is one that no one has hunted yet! Good luck everyone! We can do this!!
Old 05-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations colbea!! Way to go team we are very close to sealing the deal this year. Team 1 be very scared.
By the way colbea how did you get the pictures posted up?
Old 05-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go guys. It's about time you yanks pulled your weight, lol. With these three birds, we will take the lead for sure. Phil, your bird scores 51.125 and VTBoneCollector scores 51.5. Congrats Colbea on a very nice bird.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

We are only doing it to help Uncle Nicki and his awesome bird.. 😆

Yes team we have a very good chance on winning this contest this year. Congratulations to everyone getting birds! As well as everyone out trying and keeping it safe!

That figures as I am always getting the smallest birds. Those birds living in the woods lack those southern farmlands. lol

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-14-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah! My pictures finally came up on page 15..
Old 05-15-2018, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job guys.
Congrats in the birds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.