Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting > 2018 Turkey Contest
Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects >

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Community

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Old 05-06-2018, 05:29 PM
car
Typical Buck

No luck yet, going in the morning with my bow. We'll see what happens!
Old 05-08-2018, 02:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I haven’t had any luck as of yet. I did pass on a jake and later on saw a nice tom strutting with three hens. That was last Saturday morning and there was no way that I could get that tom to play. But at least I know he is there. I managed to give tomorrow to a fellow employee. That will allow me to hunt a day and a half. I will be heading out to my camp to try my luck. Last spring there was a huge tom hanging around there. So with any luck the great turkey gods will let me connect to one. If not I will be hunting the next couple of mornings closer to home. Good luck to everyone that is still hunting them.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Things have certainly cooled off for me, now that I'm hunting closer to home. Finding birds, just can't get any to play....I've probably called in 15 hens this year, but their boyfriends aren't showing themselves. Hopefully my hen-calling skills will still be around when the fall season gets here. Still have a couple weeks left, so I'll keep at it until the clock runs out.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:48 PM
car
Typical Buck

Bad news, I shot one with my bow and he got away. I really hate that! That's the second time I've had that happen. I lost one about 12 years ago. I'm sure he is dead, the woods is so thick he ran into. I looked for close to 3 hours and didn't find him. I'm back to using my gun for the rest of the season. If the weather is good in the morning I'll be back at it.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that car. I know it eventually happens to everyone, and it sucks to wound any animal.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey gang! Keep at it! I love reading about your adventures and hijinks in the turkey woods.

Last edited by JoeA; 05-10-2018 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Car you spent a lot of time looking for the bird, that is all you can do is try.
Keep at it guys.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Car you spent a lot of time looking for the bird, that is all you can do is try.
Keep at it guys.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am also sorry to hear this news car. As others have already stated you tried hard to find it. Unfortunately this stuff happens.

I have little to report as well. I blew on a big bird Wednesday morning. I did take a shot at it. He was around 40 yards and held up on me. I felt very confident with that range as I use an old goose gun that easily has the range. I am guessing it is because I tried a different shell on him. I only had a couple of old shells and bought a box of Federal 3RDs. While they looked good I don’t think that my gun handles them well after I saw it fly off. The area is wooded so there is a very slight chance of finding where he went off to. It was the second biggest bird that I have ever seen up here and it bothers me on how he managed to fly off.. The next morning as I was driving into another area to check out up the road in front of me one ran across the road. I am working nights right now so I am only getting the mornings in.
Good luck everyone still out there hunting.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Well I finally put a thunder chicken on the ground. He weighed 18.5 lbs with a 9" beard and 3/4 inch spurs on both sides. I'll try to figure out how to post the pics but I've always struggled with that part of the process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.