Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting > 2018 Turkey Contest
Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects >

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Old 04-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Colbea glad to hear you made it through, you'll be a hundred percent before you know it, good luck this year and take it easy
Old 04-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Colbea, praying for you and a speedy recoverery. Take care of yourself and your family.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. Wife says no solo hunting this year. Fortunately I have 3 buddies just getting into turkey hunting and can use a guide.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't rush it. A turkey is not worth your life. Be careful and take care. I got two longbeards this weekend in Louisiana, but I left my camera at the camp, so I'll have to wait to put the pics up and submit the scores. I will say that the first bird weighed 18 lbs. 4 oz., 10" beard, spurs 1" and a deformed 1/2". The second bird weighed 20 lbs. 2 oz., 10" beard, and spurs were 3/4".
Old 04-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job Supperstrutter. You are laying them down.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the birds Superstrutter and yes, I'll be taking it easy. Got a couple of spots I can drive right to, just have to get out of the truck and sit down.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Colbea, I am more concerned about your heart when you hear that 1st gobble, and it is close to you.
And what about when that long beard steps into veiw for the 1st time?
I know my heart still skips a beat everytime I hear 1 gobble or see him coming into my set up.
You do what you need to for your family: and LISTEN to what the Drs say. This team and the turkeys will always be there, not as important as family and your health.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Bornagain64, my doc is aware of me, planning to go hunting, but any hint of trouble I'll pull the plug on my season. Your right, there will be another season. Plan on taking it easy. Thanks for worrying about me and please keep me in your prayers.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Nicky! Ba-Boom! A 4 bearder is a bird to remember.
Great job.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW! I sure hope you continue to improve Colbea! I had a brother pass on from a heart attack this past December while deer hunting in Tenn. My nephew down there went and found him.. So first and foremost take care of yourself first.. Those turkeys will still be around for another season if you can't make it out there..

Congratulations superstrutter on laying the smack on those turkeys!

Those turkeys are still hanging around at my place right now. I am hopeful that they will continue to. Although what I last saw was 4 jakes with them and not any of those big toms. I am thinking that they are still close by as the hens are still here. I start 2 weeks straight until I go on vacation for the first week of turkey season. Then another 4 weeks straight threw which surely will be limiting my hunting time. But I will be able to get a few hours in the mornings when I am working nights. I am hoping to get a few hours in the evening when I am working days as well. If those big toms do not show up opening day I might take a big jake out to make sure I have a bird for the team. But I will be trying to get a decent bird to help add to the score..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.