Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting > 2018 Turkey Contest
Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects >

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Team 3 TSS-Turkey Slaying Suspects

Old 04-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome day Nicky. That's a once in a lifetime bird. Make sure you post pics and measurements of your other birds. They will go towards the total score.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Awesome day Nicky. That's a once in a lifetime bird. Make sure you post pics and measurements of your other birds. They will go towards the total score.
Uh oh....I didn't weigh the other birds. I saved the spurs and one of the other beards, but my dog stole one of the other beards when I wasn't paying attention. I have a couple more other out-of-state trips and 5 weeks to hunt locally, so I'll pay more attention next time and take all measurements.

Last edited by Uncle Nicky; 04-02-2018 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem. The contest is won on the best bird per hunter anyway. I just like to see total numbers also. I'll add the other two birds to the total but just won't add scores.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I think , according to the rules , you could give the 2 gobblers 30 pts each. ?
Old 04-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are right. I can give 60 points for the two birds he didn't score. He has pictures of them, so that will do.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had these three outside my window this morning following a small flock of hens. I have been seeing hens and jakes here for most of the winter around some old apple trees. This morning there was 5 longbeards ( all around the same size } in total plus 2 jakes. I hope that they will hang around for my May season..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-04-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Nicky, that's an impressive bird! Nice job

-Jake
Old 04-06-2018, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Phil, hopefully at least 1 of them hangs around until May.

I have 3 weeks left in my season, 1 of “ my good hunts” starts Monday and they are calling for wind and 90% rain chance for the 1st 2 days. It is still public land, so we will see how it goes.

Anybody else hunting yet?
Old 04-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Louisiana season opens tomorrow. Arkansas opens Monday. I have birds at both places, but tomorrow's forecast is not looking good.(wind, rain and cold) Supposed to be in the mid to low 30's the next few mornings. That's pretty dang cold for down here this time of year. The gobbling activity has just about shut down too. The birds will start wandering looking for new hens to breed.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Good Friday wasn't good to me. I had a heart attack. Spent the last 6 days in the hospital. Home now, still weak and get tired easily. Can only walk about 200 yards before I have to rest. Was told I can't drive for 30 days. Which means I have to rely on my hunting buddies, to get me to the bush, for the first week of the season. But according to my wife, I can't hunt alone this year anyway. At lease she didn't say I had to stay home. I'll keep you posted on my rehab. I have until April 25th, to be ready. Keep hunting and killing birds. Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.