Community

Team 2 Turkey Wizards

Old 05-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in Nebraska Arrow.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

No luck again today! I don't get it.. not a single gobble.. spot has religiously held birds. nothing in the valley below. Nothing on ridge above. Huge piece of private land above where I have killed many birds... so strange...and, of course, the birds behind the house have vanished. lots of pressure on them though. Everyone sneaks in or slips around the edges and messed with them. 1 dead for sure.
Oh well... it's still early...
Old 05-03-2018, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it WMH...you’ll find em.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:09 PM
JW
Super Moderator

They're in lockjaw mode.
Walk around all day in strutt form.

Find the hens....you'll find the tom.

And what Dr schedules a bottotomy during turkey season?
I have chastised my wife for doing THIS!

Dang women..
Butt ( just as soon as the Anesthetic wears off I'm gone.

JW
Old 05-04-2018, 03:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

JW, That doctor needs to get with it! lol Good luck... with the procedure and the hunting. Hoping to get out in AM for a bit tomorrow before opening ceremonies and my younger daughter's first softball game of the season that I coach
Old 05-06-2018, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Last day here in Mo. Didn't kill a monster but I did manage to punch a tag, and so did my brother, on a pair of over anxious jakes. I freakin missed another one this morning but in my defense, a deer blew and he was bailing. Went to another spot, and heard these guys. 10 minutes later walking back to the truck with a double.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I'll post everything up when I get to school tomorrow
Old 05-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Turkey Harvester.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Job Turkey Harvester.
Still no luck. I had a nice tom come in Sat am and he somehow spooked and took off... I took a huge walk and when I got to my truck and started to drive down the driveway, there he was... about 50 yards from the road. I stopped and got out and walked to the edge of the driveway. He took 2 steps and laid down behind a tree and tucked his head like he was hiding. I never saw anything like that before.
I went to the same area this am. Not a sound off of the roost anywhere. Took a walk and got one going. I set up and called. He came right in. I spotted him at about 40 yards in the pines and the same damn thing happened. He stopped, looked, and ran away putting as fast as he came in. Just like the other day. I am in complete camo. I did not move. There is no way he saw me.... either time... Maybe he saw no hen and has been educated?! IDK.. but it's frustrating.
I'll catch up to him... just a matter of time.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Here are my pics. It did have a better fan, lol. I missed one in a field earlier that morning after a deer busted us. Went to another farm and got these 4 lads to gobble. Didn't realize they were all jakes, but on the last day everything's game with a beard. The beat the snot out of my full strutter. I shot one, it went down, and the others ganged up on mine. They were tearing feathers out left and right. Told my brother to shoot one before they pluck him. All he can do is laugh and wait. Finally he rolls him off my bird. Awesome hunt once again with my little brother. Not the biggest but he'll eat well.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 Turkey Wizards-img_1613.jpg   Team 2 Turkey Wizards-img_1619.jpg   Team 2 Turkey Wizards-img_1620.jpg   Team 2 Turkey Wizards-img_1621.jpg   Team 2 Turkey Wizards-img_1623.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.