Where were you at in Florida?
Old 04-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Treasure Island / St. Pete
Old 04-24-2018, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
Treasure Island / St. Pete
Just across the bridge from me. Hope you and your family had a good time.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
Nice bird Rogerstv! I seen it posted over on the kill thread. If you get a chance, post the NWTF score as well. That is one heavy bird.

NWTF score: 66.8125
Thank you. I had to check the scale for accuracy after weighing it. Confirmed it with a gallon of water. I am guessing the IL toms still packing on pounds before fully committing to breeding due to the cold weather.

I forgot to include my score. I calculate a slightly different one than you. 67.15. Am I missing something?

I have one more hunt tomorrow morning then I am done with my tags. My daughter has a tag which is legal starting Friday.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Thank you. I had to check the scale for accuracy after weighing it. Confirmed it with a gallon of water. I am guessing the IL toms still packing on pounds before fully committing to breeding due to the cold weather.

I forgot to include my score. I calculate a slightly different one than you. 67.15. Am I missing something?

I have one more hunt tomorrow morning then I am done with my tags. My daughter has a tag which is legal starting Friday.
Got it fixed Rogerstv.. thanks for correcting me. Superstrutter has already updated our score. Good luck on your last tag and hope your daughter gets a nice one.
Ray
Old 04-25-2018, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

RPD... I wish I had known... we had a great time... now back to reality. Ugh.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on JW, Where’s that picture? Lol
Old 04-27-2018, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Boy they hammered it this morning. Heard 8 different gobblers, 4 on property I can't hunt. Started with this bird at 5:35 am and finally got around him at 9:50!! Woods really open. He has 4 hens with him and they are all coming from a creek bottom, slightly up the hill where I was sitting. Has a large finger that comes down into creek bed. All of a sudden, the 4 hens became alert looking farther up the hill. Then the runnoft,lol, around the bottom of the finger. I turn and look and here comes a dude. I waved and whistled and he started to back out but decided to try and circle me. So I got up and started walking right towards him. Be bails, but now it's 10:30, hot and windy as crap. I sit for over an hour, nothing. Decided to walk back to towards truck and stopped and called 80 yards from where I was sitting, and boom. He gobbled about 70-80 yards, twice, and then nothing. I skirted the ridge he was walking below. He's done this twice, exact same route. So guess who will be sitting in the creek bottom before daylight,lol.
I needed him to take bout 10 more steps forward and a few to the right to clear brush. Gotta love public land,lol. Best morning so far for gobbling.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in the morning Turkey Harvester. Sounds like you may have him figured out. I hunt public land...I understand. Lol

Last edited by RPD63; 04-28-2018 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

no luck today. Rainy windy cold. Actually started snowing. Birds gobbled on roost. Flew down and cut below me towards houses. Never made another peep.
At office now.
Turkeys 1 - Me 0.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.