Team 1 The Rejects

Old 03-07-2018, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by firelt72
I keep getting a failure to upload after resizing to the correct size. Hmmm
Sometimes I have to take it a bit further down. Its a shame about photo bucket. That saved a lot of headaches.

Oh and congrats on the Granddaughter. I'm not quite that old yet so you'll have to keep me informed
Old 03-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Good luck on your hunts Zim. Hope the transition for both you and your wife goes smoothly.
I've made so many trips to China I now feel at home in her city MianYang, Sichuan. Some folks seriously think Fang is a mail order bride, but in fact I'm more like a mail order husband. She buys me everything. Won't be much of a transition, as we've visited each other's countries so many times. Been married 2 years.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hogs from the Texas trip last week.

Team 1 The Rejects-nath300.jpg

Team 1 The Rejects-tusks.jpg

Team 1 The Rejects-nath275.jpg

Team 1 The Rejects-ericpig1.jpg

Team 1 The Rejects-ericpig2.jpg
Old 03-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool on the hogs!!!!! I've came 2 Florida 2 straight years now and already booked for next year as well.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

I like hunting the hogs but I can't seem to get it to taste good. They are getting pretty thick here as well. Kinda spooky to hear them fighting and squealing after dark while climbing out of a deer stand lol
Old 03-08-2018, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I like hunting the hogs but I can't seem to get it to taste good. They are getting pretty thick here as well. Kinda spooky to hear them fighting and squealing after dark while climbing out of a deer stand lol
I grind it all into sausage. But I know allot of people cook the little ones.

-Jake
Old 03-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't eaten many wild hogs, but in my experience, either sausage, or cooking them whole hog is the way to go. Last one I had was whole hog, and it was about the best pork I had ever had! It weighed about 180 pounds, so pretty big hog, too.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sausage and I've also done pulled pork, it's all been good. Maybe I just used too much bbq sauce and seasoning, lol. I've had several people in Ohio wanting more cause they liked the pulled pork so much.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

We took 2 sets of back straps on the smaller ones. Pulled pork. Turn out good. The guide advised against the larger 2 hogs due to tough and gamy.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default red dot

Got the Beretta dialed in with the Vortex Venom red dot, strange that it doesn't have click adj. for wind. & ele. Had to put a cheek riser on it as the mount was quite high, now have a good cheek weld and a quick second shot. We get 3 tags but we can kill 2 a day. Winchester longbeard XR #5's & a JEBS .655 headhunter choke. Now if the birds cooperate might have a pretty good season. Thanks for the advice on red dots, appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.