HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys/gals do it?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
zubba
Nontypical Buck

Default How do you guys/gals do it?

When I'm turkey hunting, I like to make myself as free as possible. In other words, I pack light.

I use a camo backpack and place my decoys (featherflex), a few backup calls, extra shells, etc in it. I also wear a camo fanny pack where I keep my main calls, locator calls, binocs, and rangefinder. This allows me to throw my back pack on my pack and wear the fanny pack while keeping my hands free (I hunt a lot by myself).

This year I'm going to be videotaping my hunts, so I will now have a case with my camcorder/camera as well as a tripod. There are also a few other things I would like to take this year. More stuff...no more room.

I thought about purchasing a turkey vest, which would eliminate my fanny pack. I could also stick the decoys in the back to eliminate the backpack. But what about the camera and tripod? How do you vest-wearers like your vest. Oh, I almost forgot....I bowhunt turkeys...are they easy/comfortable to draw your bow with?

So how does everyone pack out all their equiptment, but still keep themselves free? If I have to relocate on a gobbler, I don't want to take 10 minutes just pack everything up. I want to grab it and go. Thanks in advance.