Community

Team 4 The Rejects

Old 07-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default new gun

Sounds like a nice rig, not trying to top you but will be fielding a new turkey sniper myself. Won a Beretta A300 NWTF edition at the Palmetto Sportsmans classic. Added a beartooth stock riser, Beretta weaver base & a Vortex Venom reflex sight. Only thing lacking is a jebs headhunter choke. The truglo choke that came with it is junk. Knock 'em down Bibleman.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by springspur
Sounds like a nice rig, not trying to top you but will be fielding a new turkey sniper myself. Won a Beretta A300 NWTF edition at the Palmetto Sportsmans classic. Added a beartooth stock riser, Beretta weaver base & a Vortex Venom reflex sight. Only thing lacking is a jebs headhunter choke. The truglo choke that came with it is junk. Knock 'em down Bibleman.

That sounds like a good set up ya got there. If you need someone to break it in for ya let me know . I got talked into going to a Camo and Pearls NWTF banquet with the wife on Friday. Looks like a bunch of womens stuff in the auction and raffles. Hopefully there will be a gun or 2 to get some ticket for lol. The last banquet I went to I won a Saiga 12 gauge. Not sure what I will ever use it for though. I've had it for 2 years and never fired it. Kinda kept it around incase all hell broke loose during the election lol
Old 07-17-2017, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

No luck for me at the NWTF banquet. Seemed rigged. All the big money raffle items went to people that was working it. Oh well win some lose some lol
Old 07-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I won big in the western hunting lotteries this year. I think my best line-up in 20 years applying: AZ Kaibab archery deer, AZ unit 1 archery elk, WY unit 108 pronghorn, Iowa zone 5 archery deer. All overlap very conveniently!

Last edited by Zim; 07-19-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet, springspur! And congrats on the draws, zim!

I haven't been able to pattern my new gun yet, but will be testing out the stock Remington super full turkey choke that came with it, a jelly head, and a Sumtoy using Maxblends...got a ton of that stuff left, so going to see which one performs with it best before considering other loads in the future. It's been too hot, and I've been too busy to get out and shoot.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

I have had great luck using the Jellyhead and Winchester longbeard XR #5 with my old mossburg 835.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hey Capt Kellyguinn

Guess it's time to update the user id spot to add 2017 turkey hunting contest champs, I'll get my son to do mine for me.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by springspur
Guess it's time to update the user id spot to add 2017 turkey hunting contest champs, I'll get my son to do mine for me.

lol Got it done. Starting to get a bit long though.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Kellyguinn

Getting too long! looks like you have Apex Predator problems!
Old 08-03-2017, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Ha. With the contests taking a hiatus I'm sure I will get rid of all that as well. No reason to brag on something that is no longer happening lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.