Team 4 The Rejects

Old 05-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut
I'm going tomorrow and a few more times this week if needed. I had at least 2 hot gobblers coming in yesterday morning when 2 does walking in the opposite direction slipped between me and them. The dominant doe never scented me but saw me and knew something was out of sort - she snorted repeatedly and my day was done. I gave the woods a rest today and will set up in a slightly different area tomorrow.

We're only ~30 pts out of the lead. I'm quite sure there's only a few of us on the entire board hunting the month of May, so the contest will probably come down to the last few days...

S&R

Right 26 pts behind with the scores right now but Team 1 has 1 person that has killed birds but not posted them. So I'm just taking a guess but I think we would need 90 pts or there abouts. 2 decent birds from folks that haven't checked a bird would about seal it I think. Either way its been a great year
Old 05-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a tom at 45 yards this morning - too thick for a shot. He was coming in a on string - until Ms. Doe started stomping and snorting about 5 yds behind my tree.

At this rate I may need to break out my Scent-Lok for turkey season - unreal...

S&R
Old 05-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out most of the day yesterday, and was on a few different birds, but never got one close. Between a bobcat coming into the field one was in, to deer blowing off (right, S&R?), to just plain stubborn, call-shy birds that seem to run from even purring and scratching, it has been tough, especially lately.

I will stay after it, and have a few hunts left, good Lord willing. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Let us know how ya like it. I've been pondering one of those for a while now. Just have pulled the trigger on one.
Ya this came about after several years of observations of turkey travel patterns in three particular setup spots of mine. One is a 40 yard wide narrow field where I keep getting evaded just out of range, but with this I should be able to push the envelope, setup at the far tip of tree cover into that strip for a 30 yard shot. Another spot is a heavily used dusting area the Tom's look over real close before exposing themselves. Plus one other spot between Christmas tree sized fir trees they've spotted my blind and exited. I'll have time to try all three these spots and more, and am eager to compare bird Reactions at each of these.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Those look like cool blinds, the advertisements I've watched look like they work really well.
-Jake
Old 05-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Got it done in Indiana on Monday! 19Lb 6.4oz 1" spur left and 1 1/16th" right 8" beard.
NWTF 56 score.

Last edited by firelt72; 05-11-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet - Nice bird!

I'm headed out in the morning, still have 20 days to bag a gobbler in MI and NY...

And....the Rejects are in the lead!
Old 05-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by firelt72
Got it done in Indiana on Monday! 19Lb 6.4oz 1" spur left and 1 1/16th" right 8" beard.
NWTF 56 score.

That's what I'm talkin about!

Was just in your hood yesterday. Had work in Edinburgh then up to Frankfort. But today in Mokena then pit stop at home where I'll pick up the Ghost Blind and head to my Wisconsin public spot. Hot weather on the way.

Last edited by Zim; 05-12-2017 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job firelt72.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Season has been one of the most difficult I have ever had. We have had so much rain. Like Ark building type. Just glad I was blessed Tuesday. Also glad it put us up on top for the time being.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.