Team 4 The Rejects

Old 05-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be out again in Ohio tuesday and Wednesday. And in PA next tuesday and Wednesday.
-Jake
Old 05-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck everyone. How many of our team mates aren't really participating?
Old 05-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Im still here!! Got my bird earlier, so my season is over, but I still check in a few times a day to see how everyone is doing. Good Luck to everyone still hunting! How many team members are left to get a bird??
Old 05-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season opened May 1. I made it out Wed and today, called in gobblers both days but too far or no shot. Played with 4 different gobblers today and called in 6 jakes. Hunting MI all month, and maybe NY the last week of May. Headed out tomorrow or Sunday for round 3.

The 5.3 engine in my '02 Avalanche seized 2 weeks ago, been a little busy but will hopefully take a bird soon.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2 out of 3 ain't bad

My season is over, tried hard to fill my 3rd tag but no joy, keep knocking them down and I'll check often to see how my fellow Rejects are doing.
Dan
Old 05-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Ok hoping to get one this week. I have parts of tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday morings this week as long as I don't catch a double at work. I'll be in PA tuesday and wednesday next week for two morning hunts.
-Jake
Old 05-08-2017, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall

Pretty sure the only one not checked in is clemsonturkey. I pmed him a few times but he hasn't been on here since Feb. I think the only team mate that has checked in but haven't heard anything for a few weeks from is firelt72. He's prob just been busy chasing those birds .

Over all we have had great participation. If a couple folks that have been unlucky can turn it around with a 50pt bird each we may squeak it out lol. No worries though. This has been fun.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going tomorrow and a few more times this week if needed. I had at least 2 hot gobblers coming in yesterday morning when 2 does walking in the opposite direction slipped between me and them. The dominant doe never scented me but saw me and knew something was out of sort - she snorted repeatedly and my day was done. I gave the woods a rest today and will set up in a slightly different area tomorrow.

We're only ~30 pts out of the lead. I'm quite sure there's only a few of us on the entire board hunting the month of May, so the contest will probably come down to the last few days...

S&R
Old 05-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I finally broke down and spent some money on a a new hunting toy. Ordered a mirror finish Ghost Blind. Will arrive from Amazon before my first of three WI hunts open. Very curious about it. I've wanted to hunt a couple particular spots where the cover is in favor of the wary toms. That should change now.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Zim
I finally broke down and spent some money on a a new hunting toy. Ordered a mirror finish Ghost Blind. Will arrive from Amazon before my first of three WI hunts open. Very curious about it. I've wanted to hunt a couple particular spots where the cover is in favor of the wary toms. That should change now.

Let us know how ya like it. I've been pondering one of those for a while now. Just haven't pulled the trigger on one.

Last edited by kellyguinn; 05-10-2017 at 04:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.