Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 05-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey bornagain64 if that bird in my avatar has a double beard and both beards score a little over 20 inches and his spurs run around or above 1 1/4 inches all I will need is the weight to be a little over 22 lbs. your team looses.. So I know this contest will be coming down to the wire.. Do not rule nothing out just yet... :-) I posted a better picture of the one in my avatar and he was eating deer food put out for deer in a yarding area all winter.. So if his weight is there or the other beard with more than one beard shows up for me.. The lady will be singing a very good tune..
Old 05-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well team even if I happen to get that big bird I want to get it will not be enough for us. Team 4 has another member get a bird down and there will be no way we can possibly get the win. That is unless we happen to have another member that has not posted a bird bring one in. So even though I am still at it I want to thank everyone for an enjoyable contest! It has been great being on the team with you folks!! I will still be posting if I get another bird though either way. Thanks again everyone!!! As well as being the captain...

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-21-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Get after that big one Phil. Would like to see him up close.
-Jake
Old 05-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Phil -

There's no pressure for the contest anymore, so go get that bird for bragging rights! Not only do you need the mount for your wall, but at one point the best bird in this contest would get a prize. I have a prized cardeer antler necklace...maybe JW will whip something up for you if you bag a triple-bearded monster...

Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Skunked

It's official I got skunked missed one last Sunday and busted on monday, no more crossbows back to my shotgun for fall.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Phil for being the captain again this year. As always, you done a fantastic job.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by RockyMtnGobblers
It's official I got skunked missed one last Sunday and busted on monday, no more crossbows back to my shotgun for fall.
I am sorry to hear that you have had no luck this year.. I am still planning on hitting it again this Wed. and hoping to give a great report within the next 3 days.. But, as we all know it is up to how they play..

Ok guys there is not much I am going to be able to do to get us threw alone. They are leading us by around 138 points.. Even if I can get on to that monster bird I can't come up with that many points. So if any of those folks the team has not heard from doesn't bring up a bird we are pretty much finished.. It has been great to be on a team with all of you and hopefully I can get that turkey to come to my tune.. I hope we do not get any more rain during my hunting days as that will mess everything up on me.. I will still be trying my best to help the team out just the same though...
Old 05-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Guess who got MONO!!!!

I am still planning on going out 2 more times tho!!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to apologize to my team members , I had an awesome season with lots of interaction but in the end I failed to harvest a bird with my crossbow , I should have taken one with my shotgun so I could do my part .looking into a paid for hunt if I can find one , thanks for everything and sorry I let yall down
Old 05-25-2017, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Don't be silly! That's hunting!!

It's not like we're competing for endless riches

It's just a lighthearted way to talk about our hunts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.