Community

Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 05-15-2017, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Phil! Every bird counts. Keep at it, I'm sure there's bigger birds out there. I still remember seeing 2 big jokers in a cemetery off the road somewhere between Liberty and W. Searsmont as I recall.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JoeA
Congrats Phil! Every bird counts. Keep at it, I'm sure there's bigger birds out there. I still remember seeing 2 big jokers in a cemetery off the road somewhere between Liberty and W. Searsmont as I recall.

Thanks Joe and I know where some big birds are. They are being tight lipped and will not come out and play. I have a huge bird up at my camp that I have seen 2 times. The first time he walked down an old road that has not been used in years. Then turned and walked up the main dirt road on the other side of my camp. That was on youth day and then walked right down my camp drive a week ago Sunday. We can't hunt on Sundays or I could of shot him while setting on my deck. So I know that we have some huge birds that could give us a decent score. I am just afraid that even if I can get a shot on one It may not be enough depending on what team 1 gets posted up on.. But, it is not over just yet and we all know anything can happen..
Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by superstrutter
I know Phil is still hunting. Is anybody else still hunting? If not, we're pretty much out of this contest.
I maybe a bit crazy it is still possible to win this contest! I have did some figuring and if I by chance get lucky trying to get a 2 bearded bird and he sports 3 beards or better as well as a little over 1 inch spurs with a decent weight we can do this thing. So lets not throw the towel in just yet!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like the odds on that one. If you were to upgrade and one of the other teammates who hasn't killed one yet gets one, then I would say we have a chance. Good luck though getting that triple bearded monster. We need another member to kill one.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like I have stated that I maybe crazy but I believe in what others will call impossible. If I didn't I doubt I would be here and saying so. I have seen big birds here before sporting big beards which can look like more than 1 or 2. Our team member camokenny shot a bird once sporting 5 beards before causing our team at the time a win. So while it appears impossible and against all odds it can happen. I would prefer a bird from another team member who hasn't tagged one to help us out. I simply refuse to surrender just yet. Stranger things have happened!
Old 05-18-2017, 02:08 AM
Fork Horn

Stopping by from team 1, congrats on a great season. Looks like it is gonna cime down to the wire, it has been a lot of fun this year.

Phil it is probably a good idea for you to sleep in a couple days that you where planning on hunting. Over on team 1 we are concerned about the health of our fellow hunters, on other teams.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I am going out Sat and/or Sun to whack another Tom!
Old 05-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Well this will be my last weekend to hunt, only been out 3 times mised a shot last Sunday busted Monday hoping this will be my weekend.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck RockMtnGobblers. I hope you nail a nice one! But then again they are all nice ones!
Old 05-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well team I still refuse to throw in the towel just yet.. I haven't had a chance to get back out as of yet do to my work. I should be able to get out Wed. threw Friday and half a day on Saturday.. Hoping that those birds will start playing again by then.. But either way I still will have a couple of more days before my season ends on June 3rd.. So wish me some luck and we will get this done. I know some are smiling and laughing at my comments earlier and I am hoping to prove them wrong. Even that big double beard in my avatar could possibly push us up enough to seal the deal. But remember everyone it is not over until the lady starts singing..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.