Community

Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 05-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Phil, but don't toy with the turkey gods, be proud of any bird. Besides the little ones fit in the deep fryer easier.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your right colbea! Now I will wait those bigger birds out. They are there but do not want to play right now for some reason or another.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok Team here is my first bird and hopefully I will be getting another with a size or 2 bigger.. But for now another one to help the team. As stated he is a small bird, weighing 12lbs and 10 ounces.. Sporting a 3 inch beard and spurs which are questionable.. Yessah I think I shot the smallest jake in HNI history. But he will be added to our team score and hopefully my next bird will be the biggest... As colbea stated though I will enjoy it.. I am not sure if I am allowed to add them or not but I did measure 1/16 inch for each one..

Total Score is 19.875

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-13-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

That looks like a beer can turkey, it should be tasty.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Phil, looks like your bird puts us in the lead. Good going.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know it should be a great eating bird,, I also am aware that the lead is going to be short lived as some of the other teams have birds that has not been posted as of yet. But it still is not over I have seen some big birds and they will not play right now.. So it is not over yet! I still have until June 3rd to get it done and passed on another jake yesterday.The one I shot is only 1 of 2 jakes I have seen this year and hopeful I can nail us a big bird to help keep us in the lead. We will not go down without a fighting chance!!
Old 05-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

First of all before I forget I want to thank superstrutter for doing a fine job at getting the scores all kept up.. I feel he is doing a great job at keeping all the team scores up as well as the number of birds. Also thank you for posting those birds while I have been away. I might head back to camp for another day or 2 but I am thinking hunting that field in my home town here. The ones that own it do not hunt and across the street is posted with no hunting.. There has been 3 big birds hanging around that whole area so hopefully I can catch one in that back field I will be hunting in. If anyone else is still out there hunting I hope you can get a nice one.. Good Luck !
Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know Phil is still hunting. Is anybody else still hunting? If not, we're pretty much out of this contest.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

I should be able to get one more this season.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hate to say but I am inclined to agree with superstrutter.. Even if I end up getting a big bird like BIG DONNIE has gotten for us I am afraid it wouldn't do it.. But I will not let the team go down easy.. If anyone on the team can get us an upgrade or their first bird it would be great right now.. Team 1 has birds to come in and be counted yet.. I think that there is another team that has a couple more birds as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.