Community

Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 05-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

You all are sure getting it done ! CONGRATS on all the great birds ! I finally got my chance to hunt after taking 3 hunters out and the area got 8-18 inches of snow, just my luck so I went to 3 other areas found two gobblers one left right after fly down and the other went into a ravine with a creek, couldn't get to him with the noises the snow made as I tried to sneak in so that was it for this weekend.
This coming Sun-Tue I'll be hunting in my favorite area snow or no snow!
Old 05-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I was finished turkey hunting for the year, but I got an invite from a friend to hunt their lease in Oklahoma Friday and Saturday. I guess he is paying me back for all the times I took him duck hunting and fishing. I believe season closes Saturday there. I'll be headed out shortly. This could be the first time for me to kill turkeys in four different states. Good luck to all.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh well,something came up, so now my turkey season is over. Not going to be able to go to Oklahoma. Been a great season anyway.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on all the nice birds guys ,went out this evening but only saw two hens . Wasnt hunting so much as scouting a new spot I hope to hunt saturday . Being on the winning team won't mean anything if I don't have a bird in the count. Good luck guys, be safe
Old 05-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well team longbeard number 8 hit the ground this morning in Iowa at 6:00 am. Flew down took about 4 steps and it was over. One tree call was all it took. Pics to come when Phil has service.
20.1/2 lbs, 10 3/4" beard, 3/4" sprurs left and right.

Off to Nebraska the last weekend of the month to finish out my last tag and end the season for me.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

WOW,still no bird but the new spot was awesome, had 3 gobblers talking and even had one gobble and break cover just a little too far and movin fast to get to real hens that were to my left. Had to leave at 9 am and go to work but I'm feeling alot better about getting one with a bow this year.way to go and good luck camoKenny and yall
Old 05-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Finally made it come together this morning. Last morning at that!!! He wasn't where they normally are, which is across the gravel on another one of the properties we can hunt. Didn't get to him till he flew down but he continued to gobble so I figured he was by himself. Got on the edge of a wood lot, which had a green strip around it. He gobbled and wasn't 70 yards away. Set up the full strutter and a hen decoy. Made a few calls and he answered every call. Got him really fired up and within minutes he was running to the strutter. Had a Mexican standoff for a few but I couldn't take it no more and rolled him at 18 steps. 21.60 lbs, 10 beard, 1" on one side, 7/8 on other. Hunted with my little brother so it was a hunt to remember!!! Had him on the ground at 6:16. Score was 60.125 I think. I'll post pics up tomorrow, I'm at my sons wedding today so needless to say great day.

Last edited by turkey harvester; 05-08-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Good going Turkey Harvester, nice bird.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

60.125, Post pics tomorrow

Last edited by turkey harvester; 05-08-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the birds. Make sure both of you post your birds on the scoring thread with pics, or have Phil do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.