Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go Kenny. Got severe weather, flooding. We cant catch a break in the weather. Most of the places I go are either behind a creek or a spot along the highway that is closed down. Really looking tough for SE MO.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Seriously,... I was planning on getting on a few this weekend, but rain all over!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Calling for 8+ more inches tonight through Sunday night!! Creeks, rivers are already up and nasty.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

First congrats Kenny. Now my story, I haven't had a chance to shoot a bird for going on three years and having a bad cold I decided not to be fussy this year.

Opening morning started with rain, just has I left my truck. Cross the field I got lucky and another hunter left a pop-up blind set up from last fall. So, I crawl in and get comfortable. Ten minutes before shooting time. I hear two birds sound off from the roost. A couple of soft clucks and yelps and 30 minutes later had to jakes in front me. Shot one of them at thirty yards. He was 15 lbs 14 oz beard 51/4 in. spurs 1/4 in. total score 31.375. The neat thing is the end of the beard looks like it was dripped in beach and is blond.

The next day out still feeling like crap. I called in two more jakes and finished of my season shooting one, what turned out to be the smallest jake, I've ever killed. 13 lbs. 3 0z. beard 3 in. spurs 3/16 in. total 21.0625

My birds won't set any records, but they both scored higher than the birds, I didn't shoot the last two years.

Last edited by colbea; 04-28-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the birds clones!! I am still at camp and the internet connection is terrible so it is hard to get any messages in or out of here. I did see a huge Tom yesterday and my season doesn't open until tomorrow morning! Two birds gobbled like crazy down in back of the camp. I saw one of them and them about a half hour later he walked right in front on the camp. That bird was huge for these parts. Wish me some success as I am itching to put a nightcap on one!! Good luck to everyone out there hunting and hopefully I will have a bird to help the team soon!
Old 05-02-2017, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kind of dead hear lately. Anyone having any luck? We have fallen into third place. We need to kill some birds people.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

I'll hopefully be posting one this weekend from KS, and maybe one from MO. Hunting Fri-Sun.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am still trying to help us out. Nothing but rain here the last. 2 days. I saw 3 big birds yesterday but couldn't get them in for a shot. Today nothing and rain and fog . Tomorrow and Thursday are such to be decent days! Hopefully the turkeys will cooperate and come out and play.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-02-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Talk about not catching a break. Our town in SE Mo, just received the highest flooding ever recorded. I had to drive a ways just to make a couple calls and a few texts, so I thought I would chime in. We have been trapped between 2 rivers with closed bridges for last 3 days. Thank goodness for my old trusty generator, been without power for 3 days. Scouted a new spot only to find a ton of freakin hog sign. Guess I can eat bacon,lol. High winds and more heavy rain here for next 3 days. They say river may come back up. Good luck, and congrats to the lucky ones.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
Scouted a new spot only to find a ton of freakin hog sign. Guess I can eat bacon,lol.
I'll gladly come help you with hog problems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.