Community

Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 04-24-2017, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JoeA
I feel your pain. I have trouble every once in a while with Hawaiian owls, Pueo. They're endangered, and whenever one of them shows up, the turkeys go silent.

Maybe you need a donkey 'decoy' to scare off the 'yotes. A kind of confidence decoy.

Or better, yet a donkey / llama rental service to turkey hunters who're having coyote problems!
Sad part is, there is a donkey in the field. These folks have s stinkin donkey in bout every field that holds cattle. Turkeys used to gobble to the bray, but now they just don't like to gobble,lol. One will slip up, 2 weeks left.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

We have coyotes everywhere up here as well. That maybe why a lot of the time the birds come in silent? I am not sure why but they do..
Old 04-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

camokenny's turkey and an awesome beard I can hardly wait to see some pics of that..
Missouri Eastern 23lbs.. with a 10 1/4 inch beard and both spurs of 1 inch..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-25-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

camokenny's bird #2 he sent me today.. A very nice bird that most likely was a runner being light weight like he is..
Missouri Eastern 15.686lbs 10 1/4 in bear with both spurs being 3/4 inches.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-25-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

No measurements?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by superstrutter
No measurements?
I will be posting them up.. I received a call in at work last night so I am a little slow posting.. Currently all updated and scored..Thanks..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-25-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok team we are still doing great and I will add really great when we look at all the birds getting taken. But it goes by the best bird per hunter and the gap is closing in on us. I know we can all help superstrutter and camokenny push the team over to a win as we are looking really great right now and for the total bird scores we can soon be over the 1,000 mark.. We really need to try and get the best bird per hunter score up.. No matter what though keep your hunting enjoyable and safe! That is what these contests is mostly about... Good Luck everyone!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am packing up and getting ready to head out to camp. I want to get some things done before turkey season so I can hunt most of next week.. This will put me out of internet range for the most part and maybe able to get a few messages posted up but that will be about it.. Good Luck team and I am hoping for some success this coming week myself.. Hunt safe and enjoy the hunting!
Old 04-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting

I've been taking other hunters out and not able to hunt yet so this coming sun-Tue I'll be hunting, really looking forward to it.

Congrats guys you taken some really nice birds for the team !
Old 04-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Ok team we are still doing great and I will add really great when we look at all the birds getting taken. But it goes by the best bird per hunter and the gap is closing in on us. I know we can all help superstrutter and camokenny push the team over to a win as we are looking really great right now and for the total bird scores we can soon be over the 1,000 mark.. We really need to try and get the best bird per hunter score up.. No matter what though keep your hunting enjoyable and safe! That is what these contests is mostly about... Good Luck everyone!
Right. Everyone go out and kill some birds so we can win this thing, dang it. Good luck to everyone hunting or getting ready to hunt. My season is over so I'll be a spectator waiting to post the scores of your birds. Now go get em.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.