Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 04-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok All I am heading out Sunday on a conference call on Sunday and may not be able to post anything until I get back on Friday! I do want to wish everyone that maybe out hunting the best of luck on getting a bird for the team! My season up here does not start until May and I am on vacation that opening week.. I have seen a few birds strutting already up here so they are surely starting up for once our season starts.. Hopefully they will still be strutting and going it once May gets here..
Old 04-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Just checking in ,have only gotten out twice but my recovery has been harder than I had expected , I almost gave up my spot but am still glad I didn't . I'm going to find a puplic bird to add to my accomplishments and hopefully keep you guys from pickin on me for having to buy a bird at walmart. Thanks to Colbert , thanks buddy , at least Im not the only one that's bird less . Good luck team ,and thanks for having me
Old 04-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

No problem blessed n born to hunt... No one is guaranteed to get a bird even though we all may hope to.. The main thing is to enjoy your time out there hunting and staying safe while doing it.. I have a month to hunt in once my season gets here and I am hoping to score 1 as well. While I can't guarantee one I still hope to and help the team out.. Last year I only was able to get a jake.. But, that was better than none so no one knows how they will do for sure..

Good luck team I hope anyone out there hunting has some great success.. I am heading out on my conference call tomorrow and I sure hope to get some great reports when I get back.. Take care ,keep it safe, and good luck..
Old 04-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for making me feel better , I'm hoping to get a core permit and a new spot but if not I'll pick another unit and be there Tuesday mornin , good luck team , be safe an have fun
Old 04-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Are any of yall close to ft wort or Benbrook lake . If so got to St Francis Village it's a neighborhood for retired nuns and wild turkeys literally walk the streets like they own the place .can't kill them but you can play with calls an watch em . Yall owe me one for this but if you apply to the core program and you get picked . Best hunting ever , my state record buck(147 net 132 gross ) fits inside the one I took out there . You can even use bait which is a no no at most public spots. Well hopefully I'll be rewarded with a big Ole bird , maybe we'll see each other in the woods someday soon , till then enjoy and share with others
Old 04-10-2017, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get'em Rocky! I've hunted in frost, but spring turkey in the snow would be very "cool"!

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day in Arkansas. Got this nice bird this morning. He weighed 20 lbs. 6 oz., 10 inch beard, and spurs just under an inch. Two weeks ago the birds were gobbling like crazy. I scouted yesterday morning and didn't hear a bird. I was fortunate enough to roost this one before dark. I set up on him this morning and killed him at 7:30. Most, if not all of the hens are on nests. Arkansas always opens their season later, so very few turkeys are killed. They want to make sure most of the hens have been bred, which is okay with me, but it can make hunting pretty tough. Birds are no longer gobbling and most have left my area altogether to search for new hens I'm assuming. Can't complain though.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Slamming Thunder-100_0509.jpg  
Old 04-11-2017, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Great job. Cpongrats
Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Wow , thats a really nice bird, congratulations
Old 04-14-2017, 12:10 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Superstrutter ! Very nice bird, i'm still not hunting I did get a very nice Merriam gobbler for the father sun duo I took hunting on opening day they left early Sunday morning so just a one day hunt. I'm taking another gentleman out friday for the weekend, no snow on this trip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.