Team 3 Slamming Thunder

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes camo, it's great to be on a team with all the other members as well..

We now have 8 out of the 11 already checking in! That's fantastic in my opinion!

What do you mean superstrutter it looks like we have a good team?? We have what is going to be the best team lined up!! Yessah Mistah!! We will be doing a great job this season!
Old 03-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Kenny -

What part of KS are you hitting?

Originally Posted by camokenny
Agree Phil, good to see some names of past team members and some new names too. Donnie my maybe in Kansas is going to be based on a good place to hunt, got a few properties but need to check them out before jumping the gun.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys ,I'm excited , I'll be hunting north central texas birds . 1st time contestant, hopefully I don't slow you down . Have fun n be safe
Old 03-08-2017, 03:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is no such thing as slowing us down.. We all have great years as well as bad years.. That is just the life of us turkey hunters. The main thing is to stay safe and enjoy your time out there. If any of us gets stuck or keep getting a bird that hangs up all the time we try and offer some advice. That is up to you or anyone to take it or leave it. No one really is ever telling anyone what to do we just like to encourage and pass a few ideas along.. It is good to have you on the team and good luck...
Old 03-08-2017, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BIG DONNIE BRASCO
Hey Kenny -

What part of KS are you hitting?
Northeast and or north central unless something else come along. Would really like to be into rios but not a must, just gobbling longbeards.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in from way out west of the West. I wish great luck on all my team mates.

Does anyone have ideas for a team name? Gobble smacked, Beard busters, Tom Teasers.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Team Names

Welcome all to team 3 great to be back with you all for another great season chasing Tom's Great to have some new guys with us spreading the fever.

JoeA suggested a couple names Gobble Smacked and beard busters, I like Gobble Smacked or The Beard Collectors.

Anyone have some team names to put in the running?

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 03-08-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: gramer
Old 03-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes everyone welcome to the team.. So far everyone has checked in except for turkman1.. Which is better than last year in which if I recall it correctly we ran with 2 members short.. It was still a lot of fun either way.. We all had fun, enjoyed some time out there, shared stories with each other, and most importantly we all kept it safe!!

I am not partial to what we have for a team name.. But will throw one out.. Slamming Thunder ( short for thunder chickens ) I just like a name that sounds active because we need to try and be active threw out the contest to keep others going and having fun..
Old 03-09-2017, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

I'm good with what ever name we get. I agree we have a great team and hopefully we can score big and have some great stories.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boom! We got on this guy at the 8,000ft level of Mauna Kea, off road R10, that we call Skyline. I went in to set up above a bird that was gobbling lower on the previous morning.

This guy sounded off 150-200yds above us. He was gobbling louder and closer than the one I marked the day before, so we moved up so he was at our 10 o'clock. Then 2 hens started yelping below and farther to our right. Another tom gobbled off and on at our 4.

He flew down and really started gobbling. He then moved above us, and went uphill. Then it sounded like he was moving back an forth along a bench on the slope. All the while the hens and other tom, joined by a second were gobbling below us, still at our 4. I hit my crystal call, and got a rattling gobble back. He hung up behind a dead windfallen tree. We got to 30yds and stood behind a clump of bushy trees ( Mamane). He worked back and forth behind the dead tree for 3-4 mins. Then he gobbled again very loudly, and we could heard his rattle. He walked out from behind the deadfall and turned downhill towards us. He took a few steps forward. I raised my gun and he stopped. Boom at 30 yds.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Slamming Thunder-side-view.jpg   Team 3 Slamming Thunder-shell.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.