Community

Team 1 Strut Stoppers

Old 04-29-2017, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job
DragonX
Car and
Ma Hunter.
Stay after them arrow master, it will happen.

Just need to get a score from Swamp Slayer, all those birds should put us in the lead.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed. Swamp Slayer, I sent you a pm.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:54 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
Congrats on a fine bird Car. I'm guessing your hunting in Ohio?
Yes I'm hunting in Ohio.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:11 PM
Spike

I killed a bearded hen in MO. It has been tough hunting this year with the weather and our turkey numbers being down. She weighed 13 lbs and had a 9 inch beard.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Onetohunt, How's the season going?
Old 04-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DTC Jr
I killed a bearded hen in MO. It has been tough hunting this year with the weather and our turkey numbers being down. She weighed 13 lbs and had a 9 inch beard.
Congrats on the bearded hen. 9 inch is pretty big for a hen. I have seen a few but all had pretty small, pencil thin beards. Is your season over?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RPD63
What ever happened to the guy doing the owl hooting? Did you ever run into him? I enjoyed reading your post, it felt like many public land hunts we have been on.
Ray
Never saw him. Maybe that single bird that was gobbling was closer to him and he headed that way. Or maybe he was coming towards me. From the time he hit that owl call and the three birds below me gobbled, to when I actually shot was probably only 15 minutes or so. And I'm sure once he heard the shot, he was out of there. I didn't see any vehicles parked near me at the powerline or as far as I could see up the road so it must have been someone doing a bit of walking and stalking.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just entered my bird into contest.
Long story short, I had 2 gobbling on the roost below... a bit lower towards road than where I had expected they'd be. I moved down and set up. They were hammering at everything. I had a few hens roosted very close by and they were making a racket w/ tree yelps and were louder and more vocal than I had ever experienced before.
I heard a bird fly down below me... they gobbled but sounded like they were in the same place. Then I heard something "hop" the brook below me... I made a call and he hammered about 50 yards below me.... He strutted back and fourth below me for a few min gobbling quite a bit...I could see him, but no shot and too far / thick. Then one of the hens pitched down about 20 yards from me across the brook. Then another.. he heard that and heard them walking and broke. Up he came... a few steps... stop... look... gobble... and here he came... right up to me at about 20 yards. After I shot him I took some time to enjoy it... then I went up above where I heard some other gobbles and proceeded to call in 5 jakes to about 10 yards. I will be bringing my daughters (10 & 12) this Sat, so they will be all theirs! I hope to get out there again this week some AM for the other tom I know is there... I had a big tom come into my yard this AM being chased by a crew of jakes as well. I'm not giving up on him either...

Old 05-01-2017, 05:03 AM
car
Typical Buck

Nice bird, congrats!
Old 05-01-2017, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice bird. Congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.