Community

Team 3 Roost Raiders

Old 05-12-2016, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

haven't seen a bird in about a week by the house... if I hear on tomorrow am at first light i'll give it a try. out of town in RI for my daughter's 1st travel softball tournie of the season this weekend. if they show up next week i'll give it a try and will go out somewhere next Sat w/ one of my daughters for the last day
Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Knocked this one over yesterday, South Jersey farm bird. Had to get a little creative to kill him, they are just not gobbling or responding to calls around here. 19.5#, 10 inch beard, one spur 1 1/8", the other 1" (broken), NWTF score of 60.75. Hunted him and his band of merry men from 5:15 AM until I dropped the hammer at 7:00 PM. WHOO-WHEE, it has been a tough spring season! Gonna keep at it until Memorial Day.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great bird Uncle Nicky! Way to get it done..
silent here too.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats!!! Great bird
Old 05-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default congrats

Awesome job on the birds, really enjoy the details of the hunt, I might learn a thing or two. One thing I've thought about doing is painting tennis balls sky blue and red and putting them on sticks close to my jake decoy, do you think it would spook them or bring them in?
Old 05-17-2016, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird Nicky, congrats. Who all is still hunting?
Old 05-18-2016, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Nice bird Nicky, congrats. Who all is still hunting?
I'll stick with it until Memorial Day.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

So I couldn't hunt this am because my fiancé had to leave for work early and I had an early dentist apt after needing to get kids to school. Wouldn't you know it, the big tom was in the neighbors yard gobbling at 6:30 am... you've got to be kidding me!!!! Now i'll go up tomorrow and he will be nowhere to be found! That's why he's so big... smart old boy.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son and I are still after birds. I needed to take a week off, had a tendonitis flare up in my knee, couldn't walk last weekend (funny how those things ALWAYS happen on the weekend...ugh).

Birds are still talking on the roost, but man, those boys are henned up heavy right now. At least we're through the gobbling lull, so now it's just the 3P's (persistence, patience and perseverance). We went out this morning and counted more than 50 gobbles, but could not draw them out of the strut zone (a neighbor's yard that does not allow hunting). They're sticking tight to the hens, so we're going out tomorrow for a mid-morning hunt, hopefully can seal the deal on a lonesome bird.

We still have almost 2 full weeks, season ends 30min before sunset on May 31.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

About caught up with work and putting out other fires of life..kids graduations, daughters shoulder surgery, etc..
I have 2 tags burning a hole in my pocket,..planning to get after them this coming week!

We have a chance to win this contest,..time to get it done, just a couple of 110" birds, lol

Last edited by zmax hunter; 05-20-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.