Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

After looking at the picture of the beard, there's a strand that reaches right to 10"...didn't notice that one when I was measuring it. So, 10" beard!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
After looking at the picture of the beard, there's a strand that reaches right to 10"...didn't notice that one when I was measuring it. So, 10" beard!
OK I will update it.. Nice Bird!!
Thanks..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-10-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I blew it today.. First I went in later than planned and as I went to set u[ my decoys 1 took running.. So I was busted.. Then this afternoon I went back in and set up. Once I started calling 2 hens and a big tom started coming in. I ended up getting spotted by the hens and they took to running off to my left. The tom took to running for cover to my left. I watched and he was around 35 yards when he hid in the small saplings.. I had what i thought was a decent view and shot. So I took the shot he flew around 15 yards and ran making some heavy cackling sounds as he went. Myself and a friend checked it out and we both believe he was hit quite hard and have no idea on how he got away. My pattern where he was at was roughly 2 1/2 feet big around when looking at what saplings were hit to get a better judgement. He was in the clear between them and surely was hit quite hard.. Now this ruins my day. It was at least a 4 or 5 year old bird sporting an 11 to 12 inch beard easily.. I looked around for him for 3 hours straight with no luck.. Sorry guys it was very disappointing for me.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks, Phil. Check under brush and in bowls...I killed one a couple years ago (badly misjudged distance on a huge bird...made him seem closer than the 68 yards I shot him at) that I thought had gotten away. I searched for a couple hours, went and ate, then went back to look some more. I ended up finding him dead not 50 yards from where I had shot him, and in an area that I thought had already checked pretty well. He had crawled under some pretty thick briars and junk. I'd give the thick stuff another check.

Regardless, good luck with the rest of the season!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wish it would stop raining everyday.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am going back in to give it another try shortly as I had just got home from a doc's visit. I have another doc to visit tomorrow morning and it should not be as long and then out hunting for another bird if i do not find the one I shot at yesterday..
Old 05-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well team I am sorry to report I could not find the bird from yesterday! On the way in I saw another nice tom I tried to get a shot at. It was not quite as big as yesterday's bird but still a good one. I will be watching for him.. He had at least 2 beards and I am guessing most likely 3 or even 4 beards hanging off him. I was driving down a dirt road when I saw him with 1 hen and he took to running. But i did get a good look at him and when I tried to get out of the truck to try and get a shot at him he was already into heavy cover.. But, I know where he is if I can get him out ..
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

It happens Phil. Maybe you can coax this bird and whack him out.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heavy rains again this morning. Should clear up by tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a couple pics of the bear I saw while turkey hunting.
This is when I first saw him following me.

He then went along a fallen tree and climbed over it and ran off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.