Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 05-01-2016, 02:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well everyone I will be heading to camp this afternoon and getting ready for first light on Monday morning.. I have been waiting a long time for this to come about.. Good lick everyone and stay safe out there.. I will be trying to put a night cap on a bird and help our score some.. So I will have to catch up when I get back from camp.. Take care everyone!
Old 05-01-2016, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats everyone on all their fine birds! And good luck to those still chasing. I'm looking to get back out and hopefully put down one more.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck, Phil! Well, Saturday didn't go as planned...cows got out, and getting them rounded up ended up becoming our primary objective. Saw five hens...we have a couple weeks left, and I should be able to hunt at least a couple of times.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Bible_Man! I am not sure how things will be going tomorrow as we have rain moving in tonight. But, we need it quite bad right now to get the green stuff growing.. We had 2 forest fires break out in this area yesterday.. They have them out now but the rain will be good for us.. I am still planning on trying my luck out none the less..
Old 05-02-2016, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Well I guess the turkey God's aren't happy with me for some reason. After all the sever weather Friday night I woke up to rain. Future cast said it was going to be out of there shortly so I went. Sat in my truck till 6:15 when rain let up and proceeded to hunt. Started blind calling in a green field, wind was blowing bout 25 mph. After a few I heard one. I dogged this bird for 4 hours playing cat and mouse with him. He stayed 2 steps ahead of me. Finally got around him and could see him. I could see glimpse of him all morning but no shot. He is strutting and working his way towards me and a freakin tree top crashes to the ground. Well the gobbler only gobbles one more time after gobbling his brains out for 4 hours. Talk about bad luck!!!
Sunday- In same spot but now I know where he likes to be. I'm hunting a private farm but others have permission to hunt as well. Normally its first come first serve to the good spots. I get there at 4:30, plus I'm sick, and head out. My truck is parked in front of the gate in the field I hunt. As I'm starting down into the woods I hear a truck. Its driving in the field I'm hunting!! I wondered how did they get around my truck. Well a bird gobbles and I head to him on the route I was originally going to take. I'm 50 yards to where I need to be on this little flat half ridge and he gobbles 30 feet in front of me. Then another to my right. I said crap!!! I just sat down and stayed quiet. A coyote came in and they shut up but I watched them fly down to the half ridge. 3 hens and 2 gobblers. Gobblers split up and shut up. Couldn't get anything to talk or work all morning so I went back to the house. Upon my arrival at my truck, apparently I left my keys in my truck and some douche bag got in it and moved it so they could drive around up in the field. I went up into the field to have a talk with the douche but his truck was already gone. Drove out the other end of the property. Needless to say my season has sucked!!!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
.....It would be great if some of you we have not heard from stopped by and give us an update on how things has been going! So stop by and let us know...
My vehicle lack of dependability and job schedule has kept me out of the woods. Tomorrow is my yearly vehicle inspection. Now that repairs have been made, it should pass and I'll get some beneficial time to hunt and see if I can add to the team score before my season ends. My 2 areas hold good populations, so I'm still expectant of success and can't wait for the hunt.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok team I took a Jake yesterday afternoon and will update once I get back from camp. Poor cell service up here and now I am holding out for a better bird..
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Things haven't been good to me.
Always something happening.
Hopefully I can get something going soon.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go, Phil! Good luck to you, and everyone else!
Old 05-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday was full of close but no cigar. Had four turkeys fly into the field with me at first light. One hen walked past me at 10 feet. Had a small jake come up to the decoys but didn't shoot because had two gobblers calling off stage left and right. One gobbler came across the field and herded all the turkeys away from me. The second gobbler eventually came into the field with another jake and headed my way but a calf startled him back into the woods. He eventually came back out and was 40 yards when another cow scared him off. Couldn't get him to come back out so circled around behind him to his roosting spot and called. He gobbled and sat pat. Moved in closer after each gobble and setup in a thicket looking out to open woods. After a bit I saw his head above a log 15 yards out but something didn't look right to him. I was in full camo with facenet and ghillie suit not moving. Not sure how he spotted me but he took off. He is super skiddish. Thinking about trying to move in on his roost spot in the dark and soft call or should I setup in field again since so many came out there last time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.