Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 04-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys its off to mo in the morning, wont be hunting till sat morning and will hunt three days. Can shoot one the first day and one more starting on Monday. I live 1 mile from the mo border but will be driving 350 miles to hunt with family in south central mo. Will try to keep in touch but my phone is smarter then me. Might have to wait till Monday evening when I get home for a update.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good Luck camokenny! I hope you can get another bird for the team!
Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I am sorry to hear about your luck Talondale.. But it sounds like some exciting hunting you have had.. Hopefully one will come out and play for you to get a shot at him.. But, I am sure the gobbling kept you going.. That black bear would of made me nervous to say the least. I had one a couple of years ago come into my blind once. Fortunately I was not there at the time and he left me some mending to do on my blind. It is till use able now that I had fixed it back up.. Now good luck on the turkeys!! We are all routing for you..
I think I had my blind destroyed by a bear the same season. At first I thought he was another cow that was wondering around where we were hunting then realized he was a bear. My only concern was if I could get footage. I had been walking and calling to simulate a hen leaving because it was the last 5 min of shooting time (noon here) and had a gobbler hung up. I looked back and saw him following me and thought a calf was following me wanting to be fed. Thankfully it wasn't a bear wanting to be fed. :scared:
Old 04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah bears make me nervous even though I have a shotgun that could lay a hurting on one if it got to close..

I took a ride up to my camp to start getting it ready for this years use.. I saw 6 jakes and 2 nice toms.. They were all quite a ways apart from each other.. With the jakes 3 had small beards and 3 did not look like they had any beard at all. The toms had some decent beards if I can now find them once my season opens up is the question.. Any ways here is a couple of pics from those 2 toms..

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...0-img-4915.jpg

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-22-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Yeah bears make me nervous even though I have a shotgun that could lay a hurting on one if it got to close.......
Those still, foggy mornings can make it all the more interesting!
Old 04-23-2016, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Those still, foggy mornings can make it all the more interesting!
Yes it can and my first bearded bird happened on a foggy damp morning.. I shot a bearded hen and never realized it until I went over to pick it up and another bird flew that I never saw. When I got to it and saw it was a hen I thought I had shot the wrong bird some how.. I tossed it in the bushes wondering what I was going to do now. So I decided I may as well breast it out and not just waste it. I went and grabbed it and as I rolled it over I saw the beard. It was a 6 1/2 inch beard. So she was taken back and tagged, A couple of days later I shot a nice tom. I think it has been the only bearded hen tagged in this area. I have only saw one more bearded hen sense then and let her walk away.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bird down! A Jake on steroids. Thought it was a long beard. Came in off the next property gobbling, and didn't sound like a Jake gobbling at all. Coming off that property, I couldn't see the bird til he was 35 yards away. Never went into strut after coming through the bar wire fence, and grass was over knee deep, so I couldn't see the beard. Shot him at 15 yards...head turned straight to jelly!

I'll post pics later, but here are the stats:
Beard - an extremely thick 5.5"
Weight - 18.8 lbs
Spurs - rt-0.5" left-0.675"
Old 04-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I won't have access to a computer for a while...if someone wants me to send them the pictures so they can get posted, that'd be awesome.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

.Way to go Bible_Man!! We are glad to hear it!! I can't post anything until later on this evening as I will be traveling back from camp around dark.. But I will send you a pm with my cell number to text them threw if you wish..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-23-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Bible Man. I'll take a jake like that, any day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.