Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 03-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Jorgy
Clothing optional
Yes I have to laugh at this one.. As long as the turkey is hiding certain things you could always sat you had a pair of shorts on...
Old 03-14-2016, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Who gets to start first? I'm waiting for the end of April.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

4/9, but don't know if I'll be working that day.
Generally, Va. has 1/2 day spring turkey up 'til 12:00 for about 3 weeks and full days about the last 2 weeks. Any state full days full season?
Old 03-14-2016, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
4/9, but don't know if I'll be working that day.
Generally, Va. has 1/2 day spring turkey up 'til 12:00 for about 3 weeks and full days about the last 2 weeks. Any state full days full season?
Colorado is
Old 03-14-2016, 06:48 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I have a proud dad moment from the weekend. I took my son (DTC Jr who is on Team 2) to Florida over the weekend to hunt with Billy Henderson and Deep South Outfitters. He took us to a spot and within a few minutes the birds were gobbling. I saw 2 hens fly off the roost and start working our direction. The gobblers hit the ground and I could hear them gobbling and coming closer. 10 minutes might have passed and I heard a bird spitting and drumming, moments later we could hear them fighting. I hear my
son say "dad, here the come!" followed by "oh, they are all jakes............wait, wait, here comes a long beard!" The gobbler and jakes pushed the hens around and finally the long beard cleared the jakes and KABOOM! My 13 year old had just completed his grand slam. We were both relieved and might have shed a tear or 2. He had missed down there 4 years ago and that miss has haunted him ever since.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-img_0592.jpg  

Last edited by DTC; 03-14-2016 at 07:07 AM. Reason: I posted this on the wrong team page
Old 03-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mine doesn't start until May 2 and runs for the entire month of May..

Congrats to your son DTC!! Getting a grand slam is really something!!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you and your son DTC. Watching my sons hunt/fill tags is way more fun than hunting myself anymore. But in true competition you really should have leaned over and clipped the beard back a few inches :-)
Old 03-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Phil, would you like to select a team name? I'm good w/whatever is chosen, at your, or the teams leisure, of course.
I believe WEO has until the 16 to check in, as actual team selection occurred on the 6th. Sure would like to see all the original selections make it.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Phil, would you like to select a team name? I'm good w/whatever is chosen, at your, or the teams leisure, of course.
I believe WEO has until the 16 to check in, as actual team selection occurred on the 6th. Sure would like to see all the original selections make it.
Actually I am ok with whatever the team wants for a team name and was hoping some more would be thrown out there.. The most liked that I have heard on this team is from our team members on the last 2 years we were on together with.. Turkey Killers 2016.. But I was hoping some more will chime in on a name.. Than we all could pick one..
Old 03-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

King Turks, Gobbler Masters, TOMmy Knockers! Strut Hunters. Turkey names are tough. Sometimes it's better not to think about names, just let them come naturally, I suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.