Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 03-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys.. Nothing can be better to me right now with this issue on my cancer than how it has been going so far! I have faith it will be gone during that PET scan as well..

While I have not heard any gobbles as of yet I did see 3 birds strutting over a hen around 2 weeks ago. I tried to get a picture of them but it never came out good as they were to far away. Could of been jakes for as far as I can say right now. But it was great to see them strutting just the same. Our weather has been unseasonably warm this winter for the most part.. I love it as well after last years winter..
Old 03-10-2016, 02:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by camokenny
Team members lets all make sure that we follow all the rules in posting pics. Must have pics of measurements and weights to be legal per the rules. Also must have a pic of you the bird and your weapon. Lets not loose a bird by not following the rules.

I have seen this happen in the past years on this contest (not posting proper pics) with no fowl to the team but lets not take any chances and win this thing fair and square.

Just my two cents.
You do not need to have your picture with the turkey and you and the weapon as many of us on this contest hunt alone. But do need a picture of your turkey. I have copied from the rules to help you with understanding what is needed. Most of us do include our self with the turkey to help solve any issues that may come up. I hunt alone a lot so I will get a picture of me and the bird once home. Sometimes I get the wife to get my picture with me and the bird but not always with the weapon which is still ok. Just as long as you state what the weapon you used is. We also had one situation where the member that shot a turkey didn't want to give out where because he was trying to keep the number of permit applications down. In such cases as this he had to contact the mod to ok it. But, that worked out ok for the team.. But, that is the only real way to make any kind of exception and still have the chance to count your bird. Any ways here are the rules I copied to help anyone with any questions along..

Team members must post a picture of their turkey to prove authenticity of the kill. A brief story along with statistics is welcomed. Do add a ruler to each spur and beard in the pictures taken. If you don't know how to post pictures, ask your Team captain, or a member of your team that knows how to post pictures to help you out.
Be sure to say what specie, Rio, Eastern, etc. when, where, and what weapon you used for the kill when you post a picture.

Thanks..
Old 03-10-2016, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zubba checking in, a little late to the party, but I'm here. Hunting Iowa again this year...with a small chance of slipping down to Missouri.

Phil will do an excellent job as captain & I'm open to any team name. Just looking forward to laying some gobblers down. Here in NE Iowa, they been fairly voval in the roost & strutting establishing their dominance. Looking forward to it again. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard, Zubba. One more check in and our team will be all accounted for.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 03-10-2016 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the team Zubba! It is good to hear from you and thanks for the compliment.. Yes, these contests are fun and we have a great team here so I know we will be getting it done..
Old 03-10-2016, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

started the day with a little early morning scouting, by rolling over in bed and looking out the window

Old 03-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Awesome Jorgy!! That looks like you have a great place to hunt them from without traveling very far!!
Old 03-12-2016, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I am wrong on the rules part this time around.. It is in fact that you need to be in the picture with your Bird.. Sorry camokenny I have seen a post for the bird pictures and that is a requirement now..
Old 03-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just sent a PM to our missing team member to see if he would stop by and say hello.. I hope all is ok with him and he will take a minute so we will know if he is interested in playing or not..
Old 03-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I guess I am wrong on the rules part this time around.. It is in fact that you need to be in the picture with your Bird.. Sorry camokenny I have seen a post for the bird pictures and that is a requirement now..
Clothing optional

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.