Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 05-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

It has been a busy weekend for me.. Yesterday I had a shot in my back to try and fix a pinched nerve and was told not to drive for a couple of days.. Today my wife's brother was laid to rest after being in a car accident last winter.. We had to wait for warm weather and a time for all the family that could make it here to be here.. Now I start work on Monday and was supposed to be 12 hours 3 on 3 off shift work, But, they decided to schedule me days for 5 days a week to get me trained up. I will still hunt the evenings and try to get a decent bird if I can plus the weekends as well. It will feel great to be back to work though after being out 7 and 1/2 months.. It sure is going to be different.. Good Luck to anyone still out there hunting..
Old 05-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best wishes on your return to work, Phil! Happy for you. Good luck on getting a bird, but that's certainly secondary to all those other things.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Best wishes on your return to work, Phil! Happy for you. Good luck on getting a bird, but that's certainly secondary to all those other things.
Thanks Bible_Man !! I will keep at the birds when I can because sooner or later one should start wandering around looking for more hens...
Old 05-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm still at it, have until the end of May. Going out again tomorrow morning.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by colbea
I'm still at it, have until the end of May. Going out again tomorrow morning.
Good luck colbea! We hope you get a chance to nail one!!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my turkey season did not go as expected. The beginning of the season started out with me being way to busy to do much, then life gave us a unexpected diagnosis of the wife having breast cancer. Since then, it's been a slew of Dr. visits, surgery, helping the wife and trying to figure out how to fit my work into day to day schedules. Long road ahead, but we will come out strong, I know this.
Sunday was the last day of my season, I had intentions of getting out for a few hour hunt, but it was more of a sit in the mountains and soak up some calm and beauty. Didn't see any turkeys, but I did get to watch a small herd of elk for a half hour feeding. That was good enough for me.
Congrats to everyone who was sucessful, and good luck to the few of you who's season is still going.
Jorgy
Old 05-26-2016, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear about your wife Jorgy! I know first hand cancer is nothing to fool around with and I surely wish your wife the best of luck as well as you and the family dealing with it.. She needs to be kept the priority and must come first! Best wishes on a great success for her..
Old 05-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that, Jorgy. I will keep your wife in my prayers.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

My season started with promise and ended the same way as last year. For two years in a row, no bird. It was still a good season. Would've like to help the team more, but the turkey gods did smile on me. Congrat's to the guys who scored and I'll be back again next year. Dean aka colbea
Old 05-29-2016, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Well team my season is over. Filled my 7th and last tag of the year. Went down to my local Nebraska spot this morning to zero gobbling, I was amazed as after a week of rain and storms we finally had a bright sunrise this morning. Went ahead and hunted the spot for a couple of hours with no results. Left to drive around to the backside of the property and spotted the turkeys 3/4 of a mile from where they normally are. Thankfully still on the property that I can hunt. Moved in and got setup. A series of yelps and soft purrs was more the this gobbler could handle, he did however handle the load of heavy shot pretty well upside his head at 30 yards. This gobbler brings my season to a close. 3 states and tagged out.

Nebraska , Eastern, 10:00 am, 5-29-16
Shotgun
lbs = 9.11 KG = 22.7lbs
Beard 10 1/4"
L - R spur 7/8"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.