Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 05-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would be glad he ran off.. Nice pics of the bear by the way.

I saw 2 birds today but they were to far off to tell what they were.. I drove down another road checking for signs and saw 2 dusting areas right beside the road. This road runs in back of the area I have been hunting so I will be watching this area tomorrow morning.. It is about a mile threw the woods and maybe where he is heading to.. I did a couple of calls this evening to try and get his attention and get him to move in there.. I will be checking and setting up in there tomorrow after the rain we get tonight and early morning stops.. Good Luck to everyone who is still out there hunting!
Old 05-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season is done. It was a good season...was a part of several hunts where birds were killed (2 of my own). Didn't get to go as much as I wanted (do we ever?), but I enjoyed the time I did have! Hope to do a little coyote recon before long! Those of y'all with season still in, keep at em!
Old 05-15-2016, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am still out there trying to except for Sundays as we can not hunt then unfortunately.. The land owners do not want any hunting on their lands on Sundays as a rule so they rule the roost..
Our tagging stations are way down this year so far. Those birds are acting very strange all over the state pretty much. Here in town only 5 birds have been tagged and my jake is one of them. This covers 3 other towns and townships. The tagging station north of us has only tagged 2 birds so far and we have the birds but they do not co-operate very well so far this year. I am thinking it is due to our easy going winter had them breeding early? I am not sure though except I have see a few good birds out there and have not heard a gobble from when our season first opened up. I will be heading up to camp tomorrow morning hoping I can get one out there. Good Luck everyone that is still out there hunting..
Old 05-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season didn't get really heated up until about halfway through...birds didn't want to cooperate for the first few weeks. Midway through the season (I think hens were coming into heat for the second round), they started being much more receptive to being worked. Hopefully you'll find the same!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hope your right Bible_Man.. But, before our season ends they should be looking for more hens and hopefully that will get them moving again.. They have been with the hens sense before our season even started, I am hearing rumors that they are thinking about opening hunting up 2 weeks earlier next year. They are trying to get more people interested in hunting them..
Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does a bird taken by a haybine count? Ha! Hen down!
Old 05-19-2016, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Does a bird taken by a haybine count? Ha! Hen down!
That must have come out all sliced and diced.. Last year I got a hen with my truck and they wouldn't count that one either..
Old 05-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

2 more for the board, went to neb on Monday and got back today with two of three tags filled. Monday afternoon hunt lasted about a hour. spotted this bird while driving in had 3 hens with him. snuck in to far side of field from him and set up. Answered every call I gave him but wouldn't leave the hens that were feeding along field edge. When they got by me I picked up and moved to the other end of field where they were feeding toward. Got set up with one hen decoy. The hens fed down into the draw while the gobbler stayed on top, he would not budge from the hens so I reached into my vest and pulled out a fan that I carry and flashed it at him that's all it took and here he came. At 25 yards I pulled the trigger.

Bird 1, Merriam, neb, shotgun, 5:10 pm, May 16 2016
8.04 KG = 17.7 lbs
beard 9 1/8"
L-R spurs 3/4"

Wed morning found me hunting a different area that ive hunted for years. knowing where they roost I went in early and got setup about 75 yards from them. To my surprise only one gobbler was roosted there with a jake and several hens. With only tree calls coming from me the tom pitched down within 35 yards of the gun so I gave him a fair chance and let him take 2 steps before I pulled the trigger. Short but fun hunt.

Bird 2, Merriam, neb, shotgun, 5:55 am, May 18 2016
8.14 KG = 17.9 lbs
Beard 1, 9 1/4"
Beard 2, 4"
L-R spurs 3/4"

One tagged left to go in the season for neb and 2 weekends to get it done.
Will get pics to phil in the morning for him to post for me.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice birds camokenny Way to get it done!!

bird 1

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...6-img-0421.jpg

Bird #2

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-20-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go, Kenny!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.