Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 03-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jepcho
Hey Phil, how are you doing? Hope all is well. You feel up to being captain again this year? No pressure just thought I'd ask, if not I am willing and able.

Also thought I'd throw an idea for a name out there, we've been the turkey killers the last couple years which I like, how about the "turkey killers 2016"? Just throwing it out there. I'm up for anything though.

PS. I like the group we got here, think we got a good chance to win.
I am doing pretty good jepcho! The doc that discovered my cancer went down and took a look and never saw it during my last visit around a week and a half ago.. That gave me the best news ever!

I have no problem being the captain again but would like the entire team to decide on it.. It is always important to have the team decide so that everyone is in the same boat. I do not want to ruffle any one's feathers sort of to speak! Some of us know that I did a great job the last couple of years but still want the team's input.

I have no problem with turkey killers 2016 but the same as above we need everyone's input.. As you know and some of the others that has been on our team I am always hoping for all the team members to be active..

Heck you like the group? You think we have a team that can win!! I know we have a team that can win! Win it we will I am also hoping for some better hunting this year as we had a really mild winter. I also have a small lot that had around 30 turkeys run across the road on me the other day when I went out to check. No field there but there is one that is posted right beside mine. He gave me permission to hunt it if I want to.

P.S. I have a new call this season as well.. I will post a picture of it later on.. The first of it's kind a guy up here made for me while I was going threw cancer treatments.. He has made several sense then and appear to be in demand.. He has 30 years into making ones close to it but this one is the first of it's kind anywhere. It is special to me..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-07-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just to let the team know my season up here is from May 2nd to June 4th.. I am always behind everyone just about when it comes to turkey hunting.. We are allowed 2 birds for the spring hunt. That 2 birds is the max for the year so if I get 2 this spring I can't hunt them in the fall. The fall hunt is 1 bird only if you do not get both birds in the spring and can be a hen or tom then. I am hoping to close the deal this spring though.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I have no problem being the captain again but would like the entire team to decide on it.. It is always important to have the team decide so that everyone is in the same boat.......
You have the right attitude and previous experience. I'll give you my vote.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Game Stalker and jepcho... I hope the other team members will chime in..

Here is a photo of my new turkey call.. This Uncle Pete's Birch Bark Trumpeted Wingbone Call the first of it's kind as well as the first one of these he ever made. It was a gift to me as well as another plain wingbone call that was auctioned off at a benefit supper for me back in November. He now has been putting out quite a few birch bark ones and they are in demand for him.. While they sound awesome I am still learning it and plan to be ready by the first day of turkey season..

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...gbone-call.jpg

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 03-08-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

Phil has my vote. By the way that a sweet looking call. Never figured out how to use one though.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
Phil has my vote. By the way that a sweet looking call. Never figured out how to use one though.
Thank you turkey harvester for the vote as well as the compliment. I am learning it and the guy that makes them has a video out on how to use it. So I have been practicing it and slowly getting the hang of it. He is now calling them bark bones.. But, he been doing this stuff for 30 plus years now.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, this is all a team decision, I just thought I'd throw Phil out as a candidate and let everyone know he did great for us the last couple years. Same goes with the team name, I really don't care as long as it's a team decision.

Phil, that is a beautiful call! I'd love to get a trumpet someday. You'll have fun with that thing.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sent check in PM's to our 4 other team members.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks jepcho! Yes I do plan on having fun with trumpet call..

Thanks Game Stalker.. Last year our team had 2 no shows.. The mods sent emails and the like but still never had them show up? No idea why and team member replacements never showed up either we were stumped on that one. But as a team we still did a great job laying the turkeys down! We gave them a run for it and still did great in the standings without 2 members. I hope that is not the case this year as well.. It is hard going when your team is short..
Old 03-08-2016, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in! I'll be hunting southern middle Tennessee primarily...may get a hunt or two in in Alabama on some family land, but birds have not been that plentiful there for a few years, so may not even waste time and gas on it. Tennessee opener is April 2nd.

I hunt mostly public land, and a little private, but have had more success on public land over the last several years.

I never got to fire my gun at a bird last spring...don't get shut out very often, and it hurts! I plan on changing that this year!

Phil has my vote for cap'n as well. As for a team name, I'm cool with "Team 4"...or anything else you folks decide. I don't get too caught up in the names, personally.

Ready to share stories with all of you, and best of luck on a great season!

Last edited by Bible_Man; 03-08-2016 at 08:52 AM. Reason: needed editing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.