Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 04-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go camokenny!!! I am back home and will start getting caught up! I hope I never let anyone down for the late posting as I was in an area that it would be impossible to post any pictures period as the cell phone is very limited there. camokenny had done good to get them to me.. I was up to camp scouting more signs out. I did see around 300 yards below and out back of the camp a big tom, 7 jakes and 2 hens. Then 2 hens walked right below the camp on an old road. I have been seeing quite a few jakes up in that area and around maybe 4 or 5 different toms. With Saturday being youth day I am hoping those big birds will still be around there someplace come Monday.. I will be away for up to a week unless I can score something to report back on.. I am heading back there Sunday so I will be all ready when Monday morning gets here..
Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-27-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Posting camokenny's birds now! Saturday's Turkey

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-27-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

camokenny's Mondays turkey..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-27-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good work, Kenny! Beautiful birds! And nice work Phil going the extra mile posting some folks' birds (mine included). Good luck Monday!
Old 04-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks bible_Man! I am hope they will still be around on Monday as Saturday is youth day up here and it could lay a hurting on a few birds. Then I will have to figure out which ones maybe left for me to hunt them on.. There was 1 big tom with 3 hens yesterday and he looked to have some big hooks on him. I will try and find out.. Our hunts are all day hunts here for the month of May so I am hoping to nail one. I want to help the team out as well.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. I am back at home from my trip to Oklahoma. There were three of us that went out and we got 2 birds and came very close to another. The hunting was really tough and I think we did pretty good considering all the circumstances of the hunt. Here is my rio that I killed on the 25th. We got setup about 100 yards from his roost, where he was roosted with several hens. 2 hens pitched down right below him and all the others pitched out, way over us and some 300 yards behind us. Fortunately he pitched down by them and followed them down a trail right to my gun barrel.
Stats:
16.5 lbs, 8.5 inch beard, 7/8" spur and a 15/16" spur.
Total score: 51.625

I start my season in Iowa either this evening or first thing in the morning and I have a spot scouted that I'm very confident in. Pretty sure I can upgrade here in Iowa but got a great Rio Grande turkey for sure!
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-16rio.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-16riobeard.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-16riospur1.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-16riospur2.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-16rioweight.jpg  

Old 04-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go jepcho! Our team is moving forward now! How is everyone else doing out there? We would love to know and hear a few stories about your hunt! I am heading out on Monday to try and score a bird for us!! My opening day of the season and I can hardly wait. I have been seeing a few birds here.. They are not all that plentiful due to our winter the year before ( over 100 " of fluffy snow ) as well as the added fall hunt here.. Anyways it would be great to hear from some of you..
Old 04-29-2016, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok everyone it will not be long and my season opens and it runs until June 4th.. So I am hoping to add to our score.. I am also hoping that some of the ones we have not heard from for quite a while will be fortunate enough to score a bird to help the team along.. We can still win this contest if we can get a few more of our team members scoring a bird.. Jake or not it will all help us.. We currently are in 3rd place but things change rapidly here so good luck everyone we can surely still win this.. I may send a few PMs out tomorrow if we do not hear from everyone that has not posted here for a while..
Those that have been active in checking in and sharing your stories with us thank you! Scoring or not it is all in fun and we as a team surely would love to hear from the entire team once and a while...
Old 04-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be back out in the morning despite the terrible weather in my area. Taking a girl from church...hopefully we can double up!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good Luck Bible_Man to you and her.. I hope she gets to blast one first.. Again Good Luck to you both!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-30-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.