Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 04-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Game Stalker! We will win this contest! Remember our team is just now getting started!

I am sorry to hear about the other hunter walking in on you like that. But, it happens and I think those turkeys will be coming back as long as no one chased them out of there..

I also saw the doc that put me out of work this morning and it now looks like I will have at least the first 2 weeks of turkey season off!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-12-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats phil! So good to hear that!! Well I still don't start hunting myself until the 23rd but this last Saturday was opening day for youth season here in Iowa and was able to take my little brother out and get it done! Had a really fun hunt as I called 2 gobblers in from over 300 yards right to 17 where my brother smoked one. Then the morning was made even better when we drove by another property we got permission to hunt and counted 5 strutters on it! Shaping up to be a great year. I'll post a pic of my brothers bird later.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my season opened April 2nd here in TN. I've been three times, and had an almost encounter this past Saturday. A good bird got to within about 50 yards, but came no closer, and there was just enough brush between me and him that I wasn't about to risk that shot.

Almost caught one on the way to roost yesterday evening, but he just strutted in the field at about 80 yards before turning around and roosting over another creek a little farther away from where I was set up. Silly hens took him away.

I'll be back out tomorrow morning, and Saturday evening. Taking my wife and two daughters under the age of 4 Saturday evening...should be interesting! It's my birthday, and I couldn't think of a better gift than to sit in a blind with the ladies I love the most, even if the noise pushes any birds away!
Old 04-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jepcho
Congrats phil! So good to hear that!! Well I still don't start hunting myself until the 23rd but this last Saturday was opening day for youth season here in Iowa and was able to take my little brother out and get it done! Had a really fun hunt as I called 2 gobblers in from over 300 yards right to 17 where my brother smoked one. Then the morning was made even better when we drove by another property we got permission to hunt and counted 5 strutters on it! Shaping up to be a great year. I'll post a pic of my brothers bird later.
Thanks jepcho! It was like a huge weight that I had been carrying being lifted off me when he told me it was not there anymore! Congrats to your little brother scoring a bird! That had to be fun and watching him getting all excited about it.. Now it looks like you just made a life time turkey hunting partner.. That sounds great about the other property as well and good luck hunting them there.. I have not seen a lot of birds yet but our weather has been something else. I might take a drive in the morning to do a little pre-season scouting.. Good luck to everyone that maybe out there hunting and stay safe!
Old 04-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
I'll be back out tomorrow morning, and Saturday evening. Taking my wife and two daughters under the age of 4 Saturday evening...should be interesting! It's my birthday, and I couldn't think of a better gift than to sit in a blind with the ladies I love the most, even if the noise pushes any birds away!
Good Luck Bible_Man and enjoy the time out there! Enjoying the hunting in the great outdoors is the biggest part of this contest! That is what it is mostly about as well as staying safe while doing it.. Who knows maybe just maybe when they get to hear the old birds gobbling back they may surprise you and settle down.. Have fun and enjoy it as well as good luck at getting it done!
Old 04-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was part of a kill this morning, just didn't pull the trigger. My good buddy took down a fantastic tom! I know he would've helped the team greatly, but I'll have more opportunities, and he probably won't get to go much more. Anyway...long story short, never thought we'd get a shot at him. He was in the middle of a huge open field, and it was about 9:00 this morning. After some light calling he moved to about 80 yards out, but then lost interest in us and went back toward the hens farther away in the field. Started some aggressive cutting, and he, 8 minutes after the first cut, died at 44 steps from the barrel of my buddy's gun. Fantastic hunt! 21.8 lbs., 1.5" right spur, 1.375" left spur, triple beard...10", 7", and 6". 96.55 score...monster bird.

Last edited by Bible_Man; 04-14-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Holy smokes.. That would of surely put the team on board! Congrats to your buddy on that monster of a tom! Do you think he will have it mounted? Big birds like that come by about once in a lifetime.. Again Congrats to him !!!
Old 04-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a bird down yet, I've only gotten to hunt one morning, saw 2 hens, 200 elk and 100 or so mule deer. Came home, and had 12 hens and a nice gobbler in my backyard. I'm really starting to rethink not hunting my backyard visitors.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's just gonna do a fan mount with the beards and spurs...at least $600 for a mount...that'd pay for a hunting trip somewhere!
Old 04-16-2016, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Those turkeys will pop out of thin air it appears at times.. One never knows for sure where they will pop up from sometimes. But, if you have a flock like that hanging around your home then they will be back. That is as long as someone next door is not hunting for them as well. Good Luck Jorgy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.