Community

Team 4 Gobbler Blasters

Old 03-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Who gets to start first? Looks Phil might be last, I start April 25th.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

VA. starts Apr. 9th. Work schedule fluctuates a lot, so don't know if I'll have opener off.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season starts the 9th also, but I'm a newbie to turkey hunting. I think there should be a award going to the shortest beard because I am going to have a itchy trigger finger once something legal is in range.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Wanted to share a few pics from Saturday. We were fishing with some friends and listening to birds gobble most of the day from the boat. We caught 62 crappie and bout a dozen bass.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-fish-2.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-fish-3.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-fish-4.jpg   Team 4 Gobbler Blasters-fish1.jpg  
Old 03-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Jorgy
My season starts the 9th also, but I'm a newbie to turkey hunting. I think there should be a award going to the shortest beard because I am going to have a itchy trigger finger once something legal is in range.
Don't worry about it Jorgy.. Any bird is a good bird and if we can get to have every team member getting a bird of any size all the better .. I know i will be trying for a long bearded bird.. I tried last year and ended up all i could get was a Jake as well. that was dues to our winter kill from the winter before and over 100 inches of fluffy snow. The birds are not real plentiful in my area this year but, I do have some nice prospects. Just do the best you can and enjoy the hunting. You get stuck on a bird or 2 give us a shout we will try to offer some advice on helping you score. What you do with the advice is entirely up to you. But again enjoy the hunt!!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice fishing turkey harvester.. It sounds like a nice fish fry to me...
Old 03-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Believe it or not Phil we turned all of them loose. Its nothing to go and catch 50+ crappie on a bad day. Were going back in a week or so before my season starts to catch some for a fry.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, my stupid question of the day. I have a little flock of turkeys that come through my yard almost everyday. The males left the flock a few weeks ago, and today I finally saw them again up the ridge from my house. 2 of them were "puffed up" and strutting and there was some turkey dancing going on. They all came through my yard a few hours ago, I can see spurs with my naked eye, and sure can see them with binos, 2 of them I would guess go close to 2". But none them them have beards. I have been thinking the beard magically pops out once breading season starts, and have been looking online and only see pictures of them with the beard just hanging loose

So, do my gobblers shave or something? Please help an idiot out, it's driving me nuts. They are merriams if that helps out
Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Jorgy. first Phil is right, any bird, is a good bird. Now for your beardless birds, sometimes if Tom gets a lot of snow built up on it's beard, the beard will break off.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not sure Jorgy as to why they would not have any beards. I have heard tell of beard rot and have been under the impression that they still would have some sort of beard. So that question is beyond me. Maybe ask in the regular turkey forum and someone with more knowledge will chime in?? Now jakes on the other hand I have seen without beards at times. Not all jakes for some reason will have beards that first year so you need to make sure he has a beard of some sort sticking out of it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.