Community

Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 05-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Still have just over two weeks, and the wife and I are heading to Nebraska on the 22nd for a few more birds!
Old 05-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went to north Texas this weekend not expecting anything. To my surprise I was able to connect on a nice gobbler Sat. at 11:00. He weighs 17 lbs. 4 oz., beard 11" , and spurs 1 1/8" and 1 2/8". He scores 63. I guess his light weight is due to breeding. This is the last weekend of the season, so he has probably been doing a lot of breeding. He was in a wheat field feeding with another gobbler. He would occasionally respond to my calling, but wouldn't budge out of the field. I circled around them to head them off in case they moved, but when I got there they were still in the same spot. Knowing he probably wouldn't come to my calling I decided to go after him. He was in a dip in the field just low enough for me to make a sneak on him. I got to within about 30 yards when he popped his head up just above the wheat. I took the shot and he went down.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-101_0300.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-101_0294.jpg  
Old 05-18-2015, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

GREAT job! ... that's what I'm talkin about, sometimes ya gotta MAKE it happen!

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Went to north Texas this weekend not expecting anything. To my surprise I was able to connect on a nice gobbler Sat. at 11:00. He weighs 17 lbs. 4 oz., beard 11" , and spurs 1 1/8" and 1 2/8". He scores 63. I guess his light weight is due to breeding. This is the last weekend of the season, so he has probably been doing a lot of breeding. He was in a wheat field feeding with another gobbler. He would occasionally respond to my calling, but wouldn't budge out of the field. I circled around them to head them off in case they moved, but when I got there they were still in the same spot. Knowing he probably wouldn't come to my calling I decided to go after him. He was in a dip in the field just low enough for me to make a sneak on him. I got to within about 30 yards when he popped his head up just above the wheat. I took the shot and he went down.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, JoeA graciously sent me several contest stickers. If you want a few let me know. You can pm me your name and address and I'll send you a few. BTW, we're still winning, but it's too close for comfort.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go on, any means necessary is what I say. It's got good beard for dang sure and some hooks. Wish I could have gotten my second bird but work seemed to always have different plans. Strutted pm sent
Old 05-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just saw where a team 2 member just entered his birds. Unless turke7 or Bocajnala gets a bird we're done. I know you two are out there somewhere. Are you both hunting? No pressure on either of you. It's just if neither of you kill a bird, we lose. If one of you kills a bird, we probably win this thing. So no pressure at all. Just go out and enjoy yourselves, but don't come home without a bird. Seriously though, whether we win or lose, this was a great team and we had a good year. Good luck to any of you still hunting.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2 birds

Hey sorry I have been so busy I just haven't had time to get these birds posted. Work really gets in the way too often. Keep me from hunting like I wanted to in Missouri this year and I had tag soup there, but that is life. At least I was able to get to Kansas for a day or so of hunting. The bird on the left went 23.5 lbs had an 11 inch beard. Right spur was 1.25 inches and the left spur was 1 inch long.
The bird on the right went 21.5 lbs, had a 10 inch beard. both left and right spurs were 1 inch long.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-b2.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-b3.jpg  
Old 05-20-2015, 07:34 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Great birds onetohunt!!! Think that ups our score a bit. Really wishin I coulda did a little better with my score. Hope we hear from our last two guys.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go onetohunt, great looking birds!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice birds onetohunt. The first one scores 68 and the other scores 61.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.