Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 04-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Got one down on opening morning here in Mo. Pics and story to come when I get to work. He was 22 lbs but only had an 8 1/2" beard and little over 3/4 Spurs. Sure did put on a good show. Hey Donnie wife laid the smack down on an 18 1/2 lb bird with a 9" beard. Great morning!!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 04:58 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Way to go Turkey Harvester!!!!! Living up to the name I see! Haha!!! Can't wait to hear the story, awesome that you both connected. When you going back out!?
Old 04-20-2015, 05:56 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats Turkeyharvester! Sounds like an awesome day in the woods.
Well tonites slam dunk for the kids didn't quite work out. It was a group of three nice toms and about five hens yesterday, we called em in tonite and it was two toms and only one hen thinkin they had a bad morning and they hung up about 45 yards out. Put on a heck of a show for the kids tho. I managed to get the hen all ticked off had her squawking back at me for about ten minutes and the toms were goin nuts but I couldn't budge em. My youngest is just using a 410 so I wanted em way closer than they were. I think the decoys killed us. If I could do it over again they wouldn't have went out. Think those things have screwed me more times than worked. Hopefully they won't get harassed for a few days and settle down so we can give em another try later this week. Got our hearts pumpin at least, that was my boys first turkey hunt, they are 7 and 8. They want to go again so the damage is done!!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Well it was windy as heck yesterday. When I got there, someone was already sitting there. landowner said nobody was supposed to be in there but he said he had permissiom. I said ok and asked if I was going to mess his hunt up, he said no. He is also a teacher where I work. Didn't hear alot of gobbling but heard a couple but they shut-up pretty quick. Well at 6:40 my other hunter shoots twice. I thought well crap, but was going to stick it out. I jump around a bit, me and wife, trying to strike one up. At 8:00 I peek into a field and I see a hen then I see a strutter. I get my wife into position and call once. At 20 yards just inside the woods a red head appears and I tell her shoot!!! She shoots and its down, so we sit tight and I keep calling. The rest of them left the field so I just deciced to wait it out for a while. I put out a full strut and hen decoy and start calling every 10-15 min. After an hour or so my wife says I see a strutter and some hens. Actually it was 2 gobblers and 2 hens. They fed around about 175 yards away and didn't pay any attention to a call. After a while 1 hen leaves and the other comes up field line twords us. She hits the woods bout 10 feet beside us and leaves. The gobblers look up after pecking around in the field and dont see the hen so they start coming our way. They hit a small dip in the field and when they got to top the seen my decoy. Game on!! 1 comes in looking and the other comes in running twords decoy. Had to wait till they seperated and managed to get him at 10:45. Awesome morning in the woods. Wife was on a streak of not getting one but she cahanged that. Mine was 22.17 lbs, 8 1/2" beard and 3/4 and 7/8 spurs. Wife's was 18 1/2 lbs, 9" beard and 3/4" spurs.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1286.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1276.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1275.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1273.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1291.jpg  

Old 04-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Total Score is 55.25, not my biggest but he'll eat well!!
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1297.jpg   Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-img_1283.jpg  

Last edited by turkey harvester; 04-21-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the birds guys. We are really putting some birds down so far. I'm through with Texas and more than likely my property here in Louisiana. I only had two longbeards on my place this year. I killed one and another hunter killed the other when it ventured to other properties. I haven't heard or seen another one since Good Friday when I killed mine. I'm going to try Arkansas the remainder of the season. There are no turkeys where I duck and deer hunt in Ark., so I'm going to try going public. Good luck to everyone. BTW, if you didn't already know, I am posting updated scores on the main page. Check them out. We are kicking butt right now, but it's still early.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I've scouted a few places for additional hunts this season and I'm very optimistic! .... I'll hunt around the clock if I need to, but I'll get TWO more birds if I have to climb up in a tree and grab them in the dark!

* just kidding about the tree part............... mostly
Old 04-21-2015, 05:45 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice Turkey harvester! You guys are kickin butt!!!

Last edited by j76; 04-21-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
Way to go Turkey Harvester!!!!! Living up to the name I see! Haha!!! Can't wait to hear the story, awesome that you both connected. When you going back out!?
I can't hunt again till Monday. I'm going with a buddy this weekend to call one in for him. It may be next weekend before I get out. Kiddo's taking assessment tests and performance test next week so i can't leave work.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Well due to an unfavorable work schedule I won't be able to get out hunting until the second week of May. Hopefully I'll be able to connect in the second half of our season. Good job to those who have gotten birds. I'm still chasing trout here in PA currently. But the second week of May I'll be in the woods.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.