Community

Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 04-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default wise words EFH

wise words, sir. Yeah I like the strategy, and trying to pattern and profile them. If calling and decoys won't get them a ride in my truck a well thought ambuscade (I love that word) is just as satisfying. 3 tags left hope to use them up. Funny story, the day before I killed my first bird this year I was walking my dog and some nut drove past me and flipped me the bird, He even honked twice to get my attention. I'm turning lemons into lemonade on this one and interpreting this as him wanting me to get a bird. Thanks bird guy, it worked. Haven't seen him again but could use another good luck flip!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:13 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Lol! Springspur, when life gives you lemons......squeeze them in someone's eye! Haha
Old 04-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay springspur, your wish is granted. I'm flipping you the bird right now. Now go get another bird.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Here's another...........get two!!!! Busy as hell at work, but gonna try tomorrow to see if I can get the opener off. Gotta work all Saturdays for the next few weeks so time is way too limited!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

20.5 hours and I will hopefully be calling in some birds in need of a ride in my truck!

I am taking a newbie out in the morning, so he gets first shot..... after that, all bets are off!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Donnie, man you all are stackin them up like cord wood. Its getting hard to wait till the 20th seeing all the kills we have. Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:20 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Awww snaps! That's not long Donnie......go fold one up!!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slammo!!!!!

Oh yea !
Pictures to come, but I'm sure this old bird WAS older than my kindergartener !!!
Old 04-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

I got up super early to take out a "green" hunter, and we couldn't seal the deal.... we chased Toms all over but being young and impatient is going to be his downfall for now.

I left him at about 1:30pm and headed to a place where I have whacked a few gobblers in the past.

I walked in to do some scoutingf or tomorrow morning and after stomping around for 30 minutes I headed back to the truck....it was then that I saw2 strutters and a few other birds about 1/4 mile away.
I always tell new turkey hunters "what would those birds do if you were still at home?"...
If you had NO chance to impact their movement, where would they go?
I knew they weren't going to do a 180, and there was no reason to head north (open field, then a road etc. Basically their only option was to skirt the treeline for the forseeable future. I backed out and headed to my truck to get my turkey slayer.
After a 10 minute sprint, walking a creek bed, and the belly crawling through a BUNCH of ants... I popped up out of the creek about 100 yards in front of them.
What I thought was a jake getting run off actually turned out to be an OLD Tom, that had been severely beaten up.... I think I did the old boy a favor.
Kansas
Eastern
1.75" and 1.5 inch
27.87 pounds
11.25 inch beard

Old 04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Dang Donnie! That's a huge frickin bird! Congrats!
Got next monday(the opener) and Tuesday off. Went and listened at a spot this morn befor work, heard and seen notta. Gonna check another spot in the morn, wish me luck cause if this one don't look better I don't know what to do. My two week season might only be those first two days so I gotta get on em quick. Gotta love turkey season!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.