Community

Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 04-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's been a strange start to the season. Usually by now the birds are with hens strutting. The few birds I have this year are showing absolutely no interest in hens. They are not responding to calls at all. I don't know, maybe because of the late spring. I'm going to keep plugging away. They have to eventually show some interest. I'll hunt them Friday and Saturday. I'll be off to Texas Monday. I Should be able to bring back a few Rios with me. Hopefully when I get back the birds on my place will be in the mood. Good luck to everyone hunting. Arrow, we need one replacement.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:36 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Good luck Superstrutter! It started off slow here, but our birds are doing their thing now. I've been working doubles all week but I took next week off to go to north Alabama. May go in late tomorrow too.......not sure yet
Old 04-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

BIG DONNIE BRASCO has been added to our team.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

I saw a couple strutters with hens today on my way to work. Got my blood pumping. I need the rush. Come on season.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Spike

I've seen turkeys all week driving around Western Maryland for work. Yesterday set the record so far with 113 birds. There were at least seven flocks with 15+ birds, so that's the reason numbers were so high. One flock even had 23 birds, 1 tom and 22 hens. The rest of the flocks were mixes of hens, jakes, and longbeards alike. Then we saw several groups of 2-3 hens. Only two gobblers were milling about on their own, and they were the two largest birds we saw all day. I'm guessing this means the big flocks here haven't really started breaking up yet, possibly because of our late spring. Several of the flocks had one or two birds strutting and while the truck was parked for lunch, there was one bird nearby us that wouldn't stop gobbling. So action must be getting ready to pick up, but not quite there yet. Opener is still two weeks away up here, so maybe that's a good thing. Glad I'm seeing so many hens though. Didn't see too many hens last year.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

OH YEA !!!!

I am counting the days (and hours) til first light on the 15th!!

I have been blessed enough in past years to be able to contribute a few nice gobblers... I plan on keeping that streak alive!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I got this bird this morning. He was a tough one to kill, but after hunting him for almost a week I finally got him. He weighs 20.8 lbs., has a 9" beard, and both spurs are 1 inch. He scores 58.5. Kind of bittersweet though. I found out the other gobbler I've been chasing was killed Monday. Big Donnie, welcome to the team. Looks like we're teammates again. I think this team has the makings to win it all.
Attached Thumbnails Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy-101_0253.jpg  
Old 04-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Great job Strutter!!

I'll do what I can to put up some good numbers!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

CHECKING IN

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
1. Arrowmaster *
2. turke7 *
3. turkey harvester *
4. superstrutter *
5. onetohunt *
6. j76 *
7. Bocajnala *
8. BIG DONNIE BRASCO
9. EFH *
10. springspur *
11. xOEDragonx *

* checked in
Old 04-03-2015, 02:15 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Great looking bird Superstrutter!!!

Big Donny I think your right.....looks live a strong team we got! Let's put some birds on the ground!! ��

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.