Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 03-24-2015, 11:14 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Yea, that would be a good lookin shirt
Old 03-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by j76
I have a question. Getting my boys out this yr for their firsts hunts. I have a youth model 870 20 ga. with just a regular ole full choke. The bro in law had some shells given to him he gave to me. They're Premier Remington heavy shot. I know your supposed to have a particular choke for the heavy shot but will it be ok to run a few thru the gun or an absolute no no? Never played with the heavy shot befor and just curious about how they will pattern with that gun.

I don't think a few shots would hurt, but if it were me, I wouldn't do it. Why don't you just put a choke that's rated for lead or heavy shot on it? That would be the safe thing to do. You can get an Undertaker choke for 20 bucks. It's a very good choke for the price. That way you won't have to spend much to see how it patterns.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be shooting a 10 gauge for the first time this season. Haven't picked a load out yet. But excited to use it.
-Jake
Old 03-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

gonna go try and put a turkey to bed tonight. Time for me to get busy locating my birds here in Indiana.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:42 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hunted from daylight to dark yesterday at a friends club and was on birds all day. We actually worked 4 birds but couldn't get within 150yds of any one of them. Gobbled good but just wanted to talk and not seal the deal. We heard a few that were farther off gobble on their own until after 9am, so at least they are more vocal now. He only has a 80ac spot so going after all these birds is impossible....

Hear any birds Kenny!?

You going in the morning Superstrutter?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yes Ethan I heard 3 different birds. One of them is the one who has evaded me for 2 seasons now, I know its him cause he is across the dang road and will never cross. Cant hunt that property. Ive had him to the edge of the road numerous times but he wont cross.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:11 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
I don't think a few shots would hurt, but if it were me, I wouldn't do it. Why don't you just put a choke that's rated for lead or heavy shot on it? That would be the safe thing to do. You can get an Undertaker choke for 20 bucks. It's a very good choke for the price. That way you won't have to spend much to see how it patterns.
Thanks SS. Guess I didn't know you could pick up a choke for that cheap. Think I'll look into doing that.
Seasons only a couple weeks out here. Kinda sucks! Usually I'm laid off this time of year and got nothin but turkeys on my mind. This year we are super busy at work and workin a lot of Saturday's. Havin a hard time even thinkin about getting the time to do some scouting. With the holiday weekend coming up there won't be work so gotta get out then and do some scouting. Can't wait to here that first early morning gobble!!
Old 03-29-2015, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

I made it back from Texas and got 1 really nice Rio. He went a whopping 21.5 pounds. Had a 10 inch beard and both spurs were over an inch a piece. I havent had time to score it yet I want to double check the spurs since they are a little different in size. A good hunt overall. Called in a ton of Jake's but the long beards stayed on the other side of the fence and would not come over. Oh well Kansas opens in a week so we will see what happens there this year. I will get pucs up soon.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:28 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Nice work Onetohunt!! That's a real nice bird. Should put some good points up for the team. Congrats!!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great bird, congrats. Make sure you post the measurements and a picture here so I can put it on the score thread. My season opened this weekend in Louisiana. I roosted two longbeards Friday night. Needless to say I was pumped. They gobbled a little on roost Sat. morning, but would not answer my calls. I stayed put anyway. They eventually came in silent at about 60 yards. They froze when they saw my decoy. Thinking they would come closer to the deke, I didn't risk taking a shot, even though I have killed a couple at 60. They skirted around the deke like they were avoiding it. The only thing they would gobble at were crows. They crossed to my right at about 70 yards and went into the woods. I started working them in the woods. They started responding to my calls. Just when I thought I may have a chance at one of the birds, my neighbor to the south started calling away. The birds then went silent. Then he gets on his atv and rides along the boundary line. Game over . I didn't hear or see the birds the rest of the weekend. He knew I was working the birds, but called at them anyway and I mean just across the boundary line. Some people just piss me off. He was out there this morning too. When he didn't hear the birds on roost, he gets on his atv again and leaves at 7:30. He doesn't turkey hunt much, as evidence with his calling and riding his atv up to where he is hunting, and hopefully I won't have to put up with him again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.