Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 03-21-2015, 02:58 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Yes we did Kenny. And we took that bird about 200 yds on down the ridge we setup on after the hike up the hill.
Heard birds pitch off this morning and was able to get in a position so they worked towards me. Turned out to be 6 hens and no Longbeard in tow. Have yet to hear a gobble on my place. My friend shot his third this am and I was going with him tomorrow but weathers saying 90% rain......
Old 03-22-2015, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

hahahaha that was no hill Ethan. That was a mountain. 6 hens and no gobblers. You would think at least 1 would be tagging along. Hows the water on your place?
Old 03-23-2015, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally saw some signs of turkey life this weekend. The rain has kept me away from listening early, but I was able to go out yesterday afternoon to the property and walk around. I found fresh droppings and saw a gobbler track. That's the first sign I have even seen. I've never been so happy to see poop in my life. Season opens this weekend. Looks like the birds are showing up just in time.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:15 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Superstrutter I know your ready to get out there! Hopefully we can get some more birds on the ground this weekend.
Kenny, water is starting to get out of there now. If big rains hold off I think I'll have another Longbeard move in there. It has enough water still that a big snapping turtle walked up behind me Saturday where I was Saturday.... Ill send you a video! Lol!
Old 03-23-2015, 03:35 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Ya'll need to get on YouTube and listen to Walt Gabbard - Longbeards......get you fired up
Old 03-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Spike

Well, since Maryland opener doesn't happen for another three and half weeks, here's the only meaningful contribution I can bring to the team for now. Feel free to use or display as you see fit.

Last edited by xOEDragonx; 03-23-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:28 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Avitar looks awesome!! I like it! Computer crapped out a while back and all I have now is the wife's I pad to get on here with and I'm clueless with this thing so not sure if I can figure out how to use it tho.
I have a question. Getting my boys out this yr for their firsts hunts. I have a youth model 870 20 ga. with just a regular ole full choke. The bro in law had some shells given to him he gave to me. They're Premier Remington heavy shot. I know your supposed to have a particular choke for the heavy shot but will it be ok to run a few thru the gun or an absolute no no? Never played with the heavy shot befor and just curious about how they will pattern with that gun.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:28 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

I cringe every time I buy heavy shot, but I do believe in it. All I shoot now is the magnum blend. I would definitely recommend it for a 20ga.....think it would do a number on mr. Toms noggin.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool looking avatar dragon. EFH, I won't shoot anything but heavier than lead. I love the Rem. Wingmaster HD's, but they don't make them anymore. They shoot the best out of my gun. The blends aren't bad, but the HD's are tops out of my gun. Luckily I have a few rounds left. If you know anyone that has them in 3 1/2" 6 shot and wants to get rid of them, I will gladly buy them.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW Dragon, your design would make a neat looking t-shirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.