Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 06-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you were not able to get a tom this year Phil. At least you got to spend a month chasing those crazy critters. It is a ton of fun. This has definitely been my favorite team I have been on in all the years on this contest. I am thankful we got to do it together two years in a row and I too hope to be on a team with some of you again.

Phil, you were a great captain and I feel I made some friends on this team. Swampbuster, you gotta come up and hunt some of these big whitetails we got up here, and maybe I can get down and kill some of those timber greenheads you have. Kenny, It was great having another guy from Iowa on the team, maybe we can get together and chase turkeys someday. And to everybody else on the team, you rock and it has been fun interacting with you guys. Thank you to all of you for making this as fun as it has been.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Well team it has been a honor to hunt with you guys the last couple of years. Our team may have come up short this year but it has been fun. If any of you would like to get together and chase some longbeards in the future just send me a pm and we can exchange phone #'s and see if we can connect somewhere. Wont matter to me if we are on separate teams next year or not. Its not the winning that matters to me its the experience and joy of the hunt while making memories and new friends.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes jepcho, I feel I have made some good friends on here as well!! I have really enjoyed being on the team with all of you.. Last year was the first time I was able to be on a winning team and it felt great! It has been great being on this team sharing each others stories and experience with each other! We did give them a good run this year as well and even though we may not have won we sure as heck did win it in 2 areas.. The highest scoring with all birds scored as well as the biggest bird on a team.. Way to go camokenny!

As camokenny has stated it is more about the hunt than anything else.. Making memories and new friends that we would not have met on here if we were not in these contests. Yes it does not matter if we are on separate teams or not either.. I had helped a former team member from another team this year post a bird as I have on our team.. I try and remember who I have met on the other teams.. I try and help when and where I can it is the way I am.. Always will be like that.. So if anyone still needs help posting a bird just let me know and I will see what I can do to assist you..

Take care guys and feel free to keep in touch..
Old 06-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had meant to add if any of you folks get a moose draw for up here in either zone 18 or 19 look me up.. I should be able to put you on a nice moose you will be proud of.. That camp I am buying is right about the middle of zone 18 and I live in zone 19 .. So it will be easy for me to help you out..
Old 06-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

It has been a pleasure. Blessings to everyone in the future! Maybe we can stay together since we won one category......
Old 06-08-2015, 02:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blackheel
It has been a pleasure. Blessings to everyone in the future! Maybe we can stay together since we won one category......
Actually we won 2 of the categories! camokenny got us the biggest bird and we have the biggest combined score of all birds weighed in.. But we never got the one that counted. The single score of each team member's biggest birds weight added up..

That would be great my friend ... But, I doubt that will be enough to carry us threw again.. Although hopefully they will see something along the fact we did have a nice standing running with 2 members short threw the whole contest. We all still did a super job at it!! Congrats everyone!!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-08-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I have not sent the stickers out as of yet.. I have been putting a lot of hours in at work lately.. I will try and get them out to those that sent me their address tomorrow morning.. Also I am planning on getting all the loose ends tied up so I will be the new owner of the camp I want by this weekend.. I can hardly wait to get that taken care of.. My wife likes it as well and is already buying things at the local yard sales for it.. Anyways take care everyone and hopefully some of us will be on a team together next spring..
Old 06-15-2015, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Phil. And thanks again for the work you out in to be such a good team captain. I know it takes time to get all the information and get scores posted. I have been a captain 2 or 3 times on this contest and so I appreciate the extra time you put in.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you jepcho! It has been great to be the captain as well as to be on a team that has won 1 of these contests.. That was a first for me when we won last year.. I had my hopes up for a repeat but it is what it is.. I have enjoyed being the captain for 2 years in a row.. Thanks everyone it has been a lot of fun and seeing all those birds posted was great as well.

I will also add that I am hoping that the camp I am buying will be all mine come Wednesday! I am all excited about getting that.. If not on the 17th it will be on the 22nd as the owner will be traveling out of state for a few days.. My wife is already trying to find a few things at yard sales to help put up on the walls.. She likes it as well as the location as it will be easy for her to find.. Thanks again everyone!
Old 06-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone for the fun. Sorry I couldn't connect either year. Been frustrating couple of seasons but I'm learning more by the challenge. Congrats to most turkeys overall and to camokenny for largest turkey. See you guys next season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.