Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 05-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Good luck Phil!!! Hope you have a great opening morning!!

Thanks swampbuster.. I am hoping to but, no one knows how the will react. I have seen a few birds earlier so hopefully one will come out and play..

It sure sounds like a great season to me as well swampbuster.. I am glad your daughter has gotten her first turkey.. Now you will have to watch out as I am betting she is hooked on getting them now..
Old 05-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Phil go get em.

I hope you are right about my daughter being hooked!!
Old 05-04-2015, 12:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh I think she is swampbuster,, Besides she enjoys going with her dad as well..

camokenny I have your pics and will try and get them posted for you tonight after I get back..

Heading out to the turkey grounds in a few.. Good luck to everyone still out there hunting..
Old 05-04-2015, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Phil. Good luck this morning and be safe.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Can't wait to hear how your hunt went Phil, good luck!
Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Just ordered my Kansas liscense, beginning of next week looks good as far as weather is concerned. I think I got my wife talked into letting my 8yr old go with me. I hope she could go, that would be a great trip to take her on!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for being scarce here lately. I've been having a lot going on getting my garden in and hunting. But I'm still at it. Saturday had one gobbling at me all the way to 8:30 but a hen was leading him away. He actually crossed a stream and a road. This is the second time he's roosted there and moved off. But, I've got his location triangulated and I'm going to try to move in on him early tomorrow morning and setup at the base of the point he roosts on. I've been hearing a lot of gobbles on public land but they all have been with hens and refusing to budge so I hope I can get close enough for him to risk coming to take a peek.

Our season goes until the 16th and starting today we can hunt all day so I hope to get out after work tonight and some more during the next two weeks. Unfortunately I had a friend die at age 46 from liver illness and we will be out of town the 16th for services for him. Makes you remember to seize the day.

Hope Phil is having a good hunt right now and congrats to all the nice birds you guys have been posting.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear from you Talondale! Sorry to hear about your friend. When stuff like that happens it really puts things into perspective. Good luck with your hunting!
Old 05-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Camokenny,
How have the bird in Iowa been acting for you. I killed that last bird of mine in southern Iowa, but other than that they were pretty tough. I'm back home now in northern iowa and they have been tougher yet. They have broke away from the hens which is when I normally like to hunt, but they seem to have no interest in calling at all. Doesn't help that I've been limited down on the land I have up here. A couple small patches and then some public. Btw, congrats on your birds as well!! Sounds like a pretty awesome day hunting! Too bad you didn't fill you Iowa tag as well. Good luck!

Good luck Phil, and good luck swampbuster in Kansas!! Hope you flop some big ones!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jepcho
Camokenny,
How have the bird in Iowa been acting for you. I killed that last bird of mine in southern Iowa, but other than that they were pretty tough. I'm back home now in northern iowa and they have been tougher yet. They have broke away from the hens which is when I normally like to hunt, but they seem to have no interest in calling at all. Doesn't help that I've been limited down on the land I have up here. A couple small patches and then some public. Btw, congrats on your birds as well!! Sounds like a pretty awesome day hunting! Too bad you didn't fill you Iowa tag as well. Good luck!

Good luck Phil, and good luck swampbuster in Kansas!! Hope you flop some big ones!
jepco, I have been noticing that around here also. Starting to be less hens with them now so it will pick up im sure. I have found that when henned up get as close to them as possible.
I got my eye on one tonite on the way home from work that only has two hens with him and should be very killable for a quick hunt in the morning before work. If it happens the way I got it planned It will go done pretty fast in the morning to fill my last Iowa tag.

Good luck to those still hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.