Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 05-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jepcho
Well guys I was able to score again and I definitely upgraded my score! I'll post pics and the story tonight. Still hunting trying to get my cousin one and possibly fill my last tag of the season. Here are his stats.

23lbs, 10.625" beard and 1" spurs.
Total score of 64.25.
Iowa eastern with a shotgun around 8 am this morning, may 2nd.
Way to go Jepcho!!! Congrats on your turkey!!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hunted this morning until about 12:30. Never did hear another gobble out of that one bird. I guess I will go back to the same spot in the morning.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Well this must of been the day to kill turkeys. Congrates to those that got one today.
As I said a day to kill turkeys. I hunted three states today and filled two tags. Tagged out in Missouri and filled one tag in neb, my home state of Iowa was a bust for me today but still have two weeks left so not worried.
I started in Iowa with nothing but rain to show for it so I decided to head south at about 10:00 am to Missouri to a little public hunting spot that does not get much pressure. Rain let up shortly before 11:00 so I headed in and stopped on the first hill and called over the top and one gobbled just over the hill so I sat down at the closest tree and called again and he answered and came over the hill and when I could see his beard I pulled the trigger.

Missouri eastern, shotgun, 11:15 am. May 2nd
19 lbs
9 3/16" beard
1" right spur
3/4" left spur

As I was tagging him It hit me that I could run over to neb and hunt on a buddy's land. So off I went but with visiting and a rain shower I did not get to the woods till 5:00 pm. Getting to where I was going to hunt I gathered my things and set off only to spot three longbeards strutting in a draw about 200 yards from the truck. Got setup and put out some decoys and started calling. They answered every call and was on the way around the sidehill. When they seen the decoys one of them broke strut and ran in only to find a load of #6's waiting for him. Looked at my phone just before it went dead and it was 5:15 pm.

Neb. Eastern, shotgun, 5:15 pm, May 2
22lbs
8 1/8" beard
3/4" right spur
3/4" left spur

Neither one will break any records but it was a fun day and two tags filled. One Iowa tag left to fill and two neb tags left but will wait to fill them for out west on merriams.

Will send picks in am Phil, couldn't get picks till I got home tonight. And yes I did stick my Missouri bird in my buddy's frig so it was ok when I got home.

Last edited by camokenny; 05-02-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats camokenny!! That sounds like a fun hunting trip!!!
Old 05-03-2015, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

Out in the woods right now, and have not heard a turkey as of yet. It's a bit windy, that does not help things. Still a beautiful morning in the turkey woods!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go camokenny!! Congrats on your success!! I will be heading out finally in the morning !! Looks like some pretty nice birds !!

Scoring them now to get them posted for you..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-03-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

jepcho's turkey from May 2nd.. One heck of a bird congrats!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-03-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by camokenny
Will send picks in am Phil, couldn't get picks till I got home tonight. And yes I did stick my Missouri bird in my buddy's frig so it was ok when I got home.
Congrats again and send the pics when ever you are ready to..

I will be hitting the turkey grounds in the am.. Also guys I believe we have just went in the lead with the most weight for combined turkeys!! Now we need to see if we can win the contest again with the best score per hunter.. That is where this contest counts. I will be doing my best to help us there.. But, I do believe we will need another team member that has not had any luck to post a bird with us.. We will be close enough so that any bird with a bird I am planning on getting will most likely put us in the win for another year.. But either way everyone has been doing great.. I hope this captain does not let us down any either.. I have gotten permission last night from a non hunter to hunt a trail that runs between to fields. It is roughly a quarter mile between the both of them and the birds travel the trail pretty good. A co-worker had the side of his truck dented from a turkey while driving to work in front of there.. So wish me luck guys!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-03-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Phil!!! Hope you have a great opening morning!!
Old 05-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well another Arkansas turkey season has come and gone. It was a very good season for me. The good Lord blessed me yet again. It started off with my 8yr old daughter killing her first turkey on her first hunt. What a mile stone in her young life. I told my wife that the best memory from this year that I will take with me was when my daughter and I were walking down the forest road holding hands. I might have to recreate that moment and have someone take some pictures of that special moment, and put that in a frame. I hunted ten days of the 16 day season and heard birds gobble on all but two days. Worked several birds and harvested one. It was a great season for me in my home state!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.