Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 05-01-2015, 03:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess a slight upgrade!! Way to go kellyquinn!! Congrats on your success!! I am calling it a Rio!

Now that moves us into a better position.. Hopefully I can get a nice bird to keep the team together for another year !! That would be awesome!! With some luck we can get maybe another upgrade or someone we have not heard from pops in with a bird to score!! But your bird clearly is going to help us out that is for sure!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-01-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Worked a turkey for a hour and a half this morning, but he lacked about ten or fifteen yards of being in killing range. All I could see was his head at about 50 yards. The hunt offered everything but carrying the turkey out over my shoulder. It was still a great hunt and a great morning in Gods creation!
While getting one is great.. Watching them doing there thing is a big part of the hunt! Getting out there away from it all is the best part.. I can recall going with an older fellow who was like a grand farther hunting and fishing.. he would set down and complain once in a while about our luck.. I would just look at him and say.. You know we have it made when you think about all the other people out there wishing they could do what we are doing right now.. Just think about all those I a city someplace using public transportation and all that stuff. Some I am sure would love to be here even for a half day enjoying what we can do when we want to.. Getting out here is what makes it a great day.. Getting something is a bonus to a great day spent out here in the great outdoors..
Old 05-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

kellyquinns bird moves us within 87 points.. While that feels a lot better hopefully I can score a big bird and we can somehow get another upgrade to go with it.. This has been a great team and I sure hope we can stay together again for another season!! Good luck guys!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-01-2015 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
kellyquinns bird moves us within 87 points.. While that feels a lot better hopefully I can score a big bird and we can somehow get another upgrade to go with it.. This has been a great team and I sure hope we can stay together again for another season!! Good luck guys!
Phil, what team(s) are ahead of us? my season ends this Sunday, sometime within the next two weeks I will be heading to Kansas and will hopefully be able to upgrade my score for the team.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats kellyguinn!! That's a stud of a turkey!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats kellyguinn!! Great bird!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
Here is a couple pics. I'll get the scoring up in a bit. We have merriams a ways up north and all I've ever seen where I hunt are rios. The white tips are throwing me for a loop on calling it a rio. What do yall think? Is there another way to tell?
Hard to say from the picture but I agree with you it doesn't look full rio. Doesn't quite look full merriams either. Maybe a hybrid? Either way, heck of a bird man!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Phil, what team(s) are ahead of us? my season ends this Sunday, sometime within the next two weeks I will be heading to Kansas and will hopefully be able to upgrade my score for the team.
What part of Kansas you heading to? Public or private land hunt?
Old 05-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jepcho
What part of Kansas you heading to? Public or private land hunt?
South central Kansas, I hunt at a friends cousins farm. This is my fith or sixth year to hunt out there.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Team 2 is ahead right now and JW is claiming an upgrade they were at 409 this morning..
Team 3 is running second with 391 as of this morning.. So we are surely heading into a hard battle for first place again..
On the overall score totals we are rapidly gaining.. But as we know the best bird per team member is where it counts !!
We were at 285 before Kellyquinn's upgrade which should place us around 321 maybe 322
.. But they are still reach able and I will be trying hard to try and help us catch them.. I am still hoping we may have one of the others we have not heard from pop in with a bird.. any bird will surely help us right now! I will be heading out Monday morning after one if i can make the connection on him.

Good luck swampbuster and also when you head to Kansas as well.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-01-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.