Team pass thru - 3 time champions

Old 12-02-2015, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Scott!!

Here is the one I got on the 24th. Still trying to get it scored and I'm still after a doe for some more pts. I'm seeing them daily behind the house but the wife wont let me take one lol. I'll be out teaching someone for the last weekend of rifle season which is this weekend but I'll have bow in hand incase he gets a deer early.
Attached Thumbnails Team pass thru - 3 time champions-2015-nov-24-buck.jpg  
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck Scott, way to go brother & another for Kelly! Keep knockin em dead fellas!

Last edited by On_Point; 12-02-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Total Team Score
8 Kills - 568 2/8 points - Ranking - 1 0f 6

Leading the pack as usual, keep up the nice work gentlemen.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Nice work fellas! Yeah, bummer I couldn't have got that stud with the bow. Its ok though, we're sitting pretty I do believe...
Old 12-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Well I'm all tagged out on bucks for the year. Unfortunately I didn't have my bow with me Sunday. Took a stud with a rifle at 40 yrds. I tried to get my friend on one but I didn't sit with him. Just showed him sign and had him sit 100 yrds from what looked like a good area with lots of doe. I didn't think I'd see any where I was at but I found 1 scrape that looked kinda fresh. I poured some fresh do urine (not the store bought stuff) in it the day before. He came right to it at first light the next morning. Main frame 8 with 6 or 7 kickers and around a 21" inside spread. I just wish I was able to post if for the team. The best part about the whole thing was my friends 85 y/o grandfather in law allowed a friend that lived an hour away come help track after I made a piss poor shot (not sure if scope is off or if bullet did some crazy stuff). His grandson got hot and tired and had to get back home after about 2 hours of tracking. The Grandfather came out and actually helps us track and it was not easy terrain lots of logs and branches to step over and areas of thick briar. But what was the best part was he actually found the buck, it was still alive and had to have another shot put in him to dispatch. I shot at 7am and we found him at 4pm. 300 yrds of tracking.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Wow! Those old timers are no joke! Awesome story...any pics?
Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Here is a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Team pass thru - 3 time champions-dec-6-buck1.jpg   Team pass thru - 3 time champions-dec-6-buck2.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who cares what weapon you used Kelly, you have an awesome buck!
Old 12-09-2015, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, just wish it would have scored for the team and I'm still looking for my first pope and young. I've taken 3 that score over 130 now and 2 of them were within 40 yards lol. I did purchase a Elite bow the other day to replace my PSE. Its a little slower in the speed but so much easier to draw. Hopefully this will let me bow hunt a little longer without pulling out the xbow quite so much. I love all types of deer hunting but there is just something about pulling back a bow on a deer.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

That is a Cool looking Buck Kelly. Congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.